Motherboard + Graphic Card + RAM for 14k

acidCow

Broken In
My present system specs are Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 , 1 GB DDR2 RAM , Onboard graphics and a Intel DG31GL Motherboard.
I was planning to upgrade my motherboard, RAM and add a graphics card.
After a lot of searching, I found EVGA GTX 550 Ti (Rs 8000) to be the best.
Bot I cant find the right motherboard. Can you please recommend me the right motherboard which supports my CPU ?
if there's a better Motherboard-graphics card-ram combo for 14k , please tell.

PS MY ONLY OBJECTIVE IS Medium GAMING. Running games like Battlefield 3, Crysis etc at a decent FPS will do.

clmlbx

Technomancer
First Pls share info about your PSU.. then only we can recommend any Graphic card to you. Also share your MotherBoard Info too. so we can compare and tell if anything better is available or not.. IMO even if you can get GTX550TI. It will be bottleneck by processor

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all let us know what PSU or SMPS you're currently having? if it is a local PSU like Frontech, Intex 450W one then you have to upgrade the PSU too. You need a good branded PSU to run a powerful Graphics card.

Get the following:-

Motherboard: Asus P5G41T-M-LX @ 2.5K
Ram: Corsair 1333 MHz 4GB DDR3 @ 1.2K
GPU: MSI HD 6790 1GB GDDR5 (better than 550 Ti and has less power consumption) @ 8.1K
FSP SAGA II 500W PSU @ 2.2K

Total 14K. I think this is the best you can get at your budget.

OP
acidCow

acidCow

Broken In
First Pls share info about your PSU.. then only we can recommend any Graphic card to you. Also share your MotherBoard Info too. so we can compare and tell if anything better is available or not.. IMO even if you can get GTX550TI. It will be bottleneck by processor

Sorry for the late reply, I don't know which PSU i'm using right now. Opened up the case, nothing written on the SMPS. Assuming I'll have to change it too. And about my processor bottleneck-ing the card, Do I have to upgrade my Processor too?

1st of all let us know what PSU or SMPS you're currently having? if it is a local PSU like Frontech, Intex 450W one then you have to upgrade the PSU too. You need a good branded PSU to run a powerful Graphics card.

GPU: MSI HD 6790 1GB GDDR5 (better than 550 Ti and has less power consumption) @ 8.1K

Actually my SMPS is 5 years old ; came with my compaq PC maybe I'll have to upgrade it too. Anyways can my E7400 handle this config or like clmlbx said, i've to upgrade it too???

OP
acidCow

acidCow

Broken In

I think I'll have to upgrade my PSU too. But will my E7400 be able to handle this config? Or should i save a little more and upgrade my processor too ?

clmlbx

Technomancer
So now pls update your Budget. Is it still 8K for both PSU and Graphic card or you have increased it.. ..About Processor. Are you upgrading for serious Gaming or just for Casual Gaming.. In short do you want to run Games in High,Mid or low settings.. If you wish to update Processor then you will have to update Mother Board too.

then Update you Budget and what Do you Want to Buy.

OP
acidCow

acidCow

Broken In
So now pls update your Budget. Is it still 8K for both PSU and Graphic card or you have increased it.. ..About Processor. Are you upgrading for serious Gaming or just for Casual Gaming.. In short do you want to run Games in High,Mid or low settings.. If you wish to update Processor then you will have to update Mother Board too.

then Update you Budget and what Do you Want to Buy.

I'm upgrading just for Casual gaming. Mid settings. I can stretch my budget to 20k - 22k for everything. I'll have to wait then , till Jan-Feb.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I don't think you need to upgrade the Processor right away. C2D E7400 is a good processor and for casual gaming I think it can handle HD 6790. If you go beyond that, like HD 6850/HD 6870 or GTX 560 then there are chances of Bottleneck. So go with the config I've suggested.

OP
acidCow

acidCow

Broken In
I don't think you need to upgrade the Processor right away. C2D E7400 is a good processor and for casual gaming I think it can handle HD 6790. If you go beyond that, like HD 6850/HD 6870 or GTX 560 then there are chances of Bottleneck. So go with the config I've suggested.

Okay. Thanks. Can you please give me the links of the components ?? I cant find the Graphic Card anywhere for 8.1k.

Top Bottom