Motherboard confusion..

msaiashwin

Journeyman
I have decided on all other parts of my config but i am not able to decide the motherboard. I am buying an X58 based board and want to spare around 18k for the board. I chose these 2 options.

1. ASUS X58 TUF SaberTooth
2. MSI Big Bang XPower

Both have military class components, solid state caps and all.. which of the two should i buy please help..

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
if u are NOT into OCing abd want a good option then u can go in for Gigabyte mobo, but yes, ur usage needs to be known to us.. :)

OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
Guys here's my config other than my mobo..Please suggest me a mobo from the first two options i gave in the first. Budget for mobo around 17.5k. Decent amount of OCing not very high...

Total Budget around 1.2-1.3 lacs

Processor: Intel Core i7 950 ( I heard of a price cut when is it?)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 or Cooler Master hyper N620?( Decent amount of OCing not very high)
RAM: Corsair Dominator 6 gb(3X2gb) 1600 Mhz
Graphics Card: GTX 460 SLi or Zotac GTX 480 AMP! edition card?
Hard Disk: 2X1TB Seagate
Power Supply: Corsair HX 850( Is it enough?)
Cabinet: Cooler Master HAF-X
UPS: APC 1kVA
Monitor: Samsung PX 2370
Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4(+ some mouse)

pegasus

Journeyman
^ Your config is very nice- i wish i could have a pc like that. :)
May i suggest a few things?

CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 or Cooler Master hyper N620?( Decent amount of OCing not very high)
dump both. Get a Noctua U12P SE2 for build quality and good performance with silence, Prolimatech Megahalem/Megashadow for good performance (Noctua D14 is very big )

RAM: Corsair Dominator 6 gb(3X2gb) 1600 Mhz
Please do check for RAM compatibility with the motherboard you buy. Dominators are good usually but have their own quirks at times.

Graphics Card: GTX 460 SLi
If you can afford GTX460 SLi and can manage to tweak the computer on your own for any issues, you may try GTX460 SLi. :)

Hard Disk: 2X1TB Seagate
2x 1TB Seagate = 2x 3.2K (?) odd > 6K.
Get a 500GB single platter for OS and a 2TB for dump

Power Supply: Corsair HX 850( Is it enough?)
Good Choice no doubt.
HX750 will suit your present requirements equally well i feel and save you some money without compromising over any advantages the HX850 provides.
But if you want HX850 and afford it, i cannot say no obviously.

Cabinet: Cooler Master HAF-X
UPS: APC 1kVA
Monitor: Samsung PX 2370
Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4(+ some mouse)

Last edited:
OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
what about the mobo? If I take the msi big bang xpower should i connect the additional 8 pin cpu as well as the addition 6 pin pci-e power on the mobo?

Top Bottom