Motherboard BIOS is Dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
:cry: Guys.what shud i do now...yesterday while working the electricity went off suddenly & after when it came back the PC was not booting....
it just gives the normal beep & shows a static black screen (POST) dats it....:mad:

Will i be able 2 recover its BIOS...or not ?

the screen shows the following....

Award Modular BIOS v6.00 PG
GA-8I845GV F3a
-----some--details on proccy & memory speed---

12/01/2003-I845GV-6A69ZG0AC-00 <--- @ the bootom

moreover the black screen has six white vertical lines....
my mobo is GIGAByte....
PS: I'll post the screenshot later 4 more clear scenario...

:shock: c'mon guys i m in serious trouble....

:| where r the techies....

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
first check the beep codes with ur motherboard manual ....and make sure its not the RAM problem or something else ..AFAIK ....BIOS will not fail unless u got the system rebooted during BIOS flash ...

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

first check the beep codes with ur motherboard manual ....and make sure its not the RAM problem or something else ..AFAIK ....BIOS will not fail unless u got the system rebooted during BIOS flash ...

NO..i get the normal 1 beep...which indicates dat RAM is OK...
the problem is the POST screen which shows the RAM frequency & BIOS ID is static(not changing) it remains there only..& also has six vertical white lines....no boot detection or WInXP login screen :cry:

Take your battery out, put it back two minutes later. That erases bios saved configuration.

But this method is used 2 erase the system password..if im not wrong...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Well, the system password is a part of the ESCD(Extended System Configuration Data) which gets erased when you take your battery out for some time. Try it.

all2005

Broken In
you should go to gigabyte/dlink india service centre for a service(chargable basis).
remember that the quality of pcb of gigabyte m/b is most worst in the world. heat applied through a normal blower can cause permanent damage of pcb.

so you should not go to a local mechanic for the repair of gigabyte products.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

:D Hey..yesterday when i booted my PC..it started working...its MAGIC or what....??
then in the afternoon when i again booted the same problem occurred...:(
then i changed the IDE slots of both HDD & DVD writer then it worked..what was actually happend i dont know...does ne1 knows...:cool:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
How was ur HDD and DVD writer connected?
In master-slave connection in one cable?
OR both of them in MASTER in diff data cable?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Connections from IDE1 are considered as Primary Master/Primary Slave as per jumper settings.
And for IDE2 its Secondary Master/Secondary slave.

Generally the HDD responsible for OS is installed as Primary Master, so it goes to IDE1.

But I think, IDE1/IDE2 shouldn't be the problem.:confused::rolleyes:

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
black-magic

well i guess you r running your pc on UPS, if not then a sudden shutdown could cause any strange problems to crop up.
since ur hdd and dvd drive were connected that way when it was working
then bam it stopped working
then you exchange the two device cable or ide slots to which each was connected..

wanna try connecting it back to its original state, that is, before the blackout cause the PC to fail to boot and see if it also works now..

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Guys..i downloaded the latest BIOS update from net..shud i flash the BIOS 2 latest

currently my BIOS is very old...from 2003 :D

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
are u having any issues with the current BIOS...
if yes then after following right manufacturer instruction carefully, you can go about flashing it which could address some issues with it

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

are u having any issues with the current BIOS...
if yes then after following right manufacturer instruction carefully, you can go about flashing it which could address some issues with it

if i flash i'll use the windows method coz my floppy disk is a brick now...:mad:

be careful about flashing

i dunno, but it may cuz damage

Ya i know..dats y i m asking coz users who have done it successfully can tell
:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom