motherboard and windows xp not detecting 2gb ram,,(new ram 1gb with same config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
i have a grave prob friends,,my comp configuration is pentium D2.8,intel d101ggc2 mobo wid 1.5gb ram,,now i had i 512mb ddr2 533 and one transcend ddr2 1b 667 stick,,,,machine was running fine till i decied to install win 7,,,i bought a new transcend ddr2 1gb 667 stick and plonked in,,now machine is showing only one gb,ie 896mb,,rest is shared by ati radeon x200 igp....i tried to test whether the new stick is a faulty one,,so booted with it,,machine booted fine,,,installed all my rams in a friends comp ,,there it is showing 2gb,,but not with mine,,my mobo box reads that it supports 2gb,,bios is not detecting it also,,i tried resetting the bios,,now even when i plonk in the older 512mb stick,,it is also not detected,,i tried each and every settings,,but all failed,,please help me,,BTW,,cpu-z detecs 2gb,,decets the 2 slots individually,,but not my bios or windows .

also there is another prob,i have BSNL home unlimited 500 plan,,and have a siemens SL@_141 modem,,,,now the problem is that every thing used to be fine but for the last few weeks it is giving error 678,,every time i try connecting,,after 4-5 failed attempts,switching on of the modem,,removing and inserting all wires,it start to work,,again after some time whe i try to connect it gives the same prob,,please help,,i called up bsnl a no of times but of no help,,is my ethernet port faulty????

so clubbing both the problems is my mobo failing,,,please reply soon,,,:sad:

Krow

Crowman
How much RAM is shared by the IGP? I assume that you had WinXP running previously. Try reinstalling XP and see if all is well.

OP
Dr.tweaker

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
x200 probably shares 128mb,,maxx is probably 256mb,,,formatted,,of no use,,,,bios is not detecting,,previously it used to work with 1 512mb ddr2 533 and i 1gbddr2 667,,now even the 512 mb is not detected,,lots r perfectly allright,,ok will format once again to see if it makes any differrence

OP
Dr.tweaker

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
i have only 2 slots,,mine is a intel d101ggc2 mobo..yeah,,currently i have both the stick installed but bios aswell as windows detects only one slot,,i tried interchanging the slots but no matter what still only one is detected,,help pals

Krow

Crowman
^Try RMA before buying a new one. Get a replacement and still if you wish to upgrade then sell the replaced mobo (if not faulty). That way you get more for the mobo as it is RMA'ed , so mostly new.

OP
Dr.tweaker

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
so confirmed its a mobo fault,,,dunno whether it is still under warranty as i bought in on October 06,,i was a 1st yr student then,,:)
accha as of now can u suggest the best motherboard and the best graphics card possible for 5k.for pentium d 2.8 ,,.maxx i can streatch it 500 more(am a final yr student now and still unplaced due to this recession!!)
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
so confirmed its a mobo fault,,,dunno whether it is still under warranty as i bought in on October 06,,i was a 1st yr student then,,:)
accha as of now can u suggest the best motherboard and the best graphics card possible for 5k.for pentium d 2.8 ,,.maxx i can streatch it 500 more(am a final yr student now and still unplaced due to this recession!!)

Last edited:

allmighty

Broken In
two different stick with diffrent speed is usually not a good thing....get a ram stick from ur friend ...if his is 667 then put it in ur pc with ur 667...if everything works buy 1 more ram stick or get a new mobo (cause it should also fully work with ur 553 and 667 but RMA ppl may ask u to put matching stick in it..so no use of RMA)....

if urs friend has 533 put it with ur 533 ...if everthing works fine then put ur 667 stick with ur friends 533....if everything works means ur 533 is not being nice to new 667 get a new ram stick ....

if i was in ur shoe i would have sold the old stick and bought two new ram stick of the same make ..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^he tried with two 667MHz 1Gb sticks.

sorry, my internet connection was down. btw, did you try doing a BIOS update. That helps sometimes.

Also, what socket does your processor use? Is it LGA775?

OP
Dr.tweaker

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
@desibond,mine is a pentium d 2.8,,so definitely lga775 ,,and motherboard is an intel d101ggc2,,,,,reguarding bios upgradation,,probably intel has stopped supporting this board now,,and i dont have a floppy drive too
Posted again:
@allmighty,,i told previously naa,,,i have two transcend 1gb 667,5-5-5,,yet dunno why only one is showing,,formatted again,,tried resetting bios,,,resetting jumper but of no help
Posted again:
@allmighty,,i told previously naa,,,i have two transcend 1gb 667,5-5-5,,yet dunno why only one is showing,,formatted again,,tried resetting bios,,,resetting jumper but of no help
Posted again:
sorry for double posts ,,dunno whats happening,,but while posting wid mozila,,am facing this problem,,same wid chrome too

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
sorry. forgot this post.

okay. now, for better performance, you can look at G43 based motherboards and entry level will be G31 motherboards. if you have 5k in your pocket, a G31 mobo (2.5k-2.7k) and a 9400GT/9500gt should be perfect.

OP
Dr.tweaker

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
thanks bhai,,,g31 mobos have intel x1300 igp na?can they run windows 7 i full swing,?????also what is their video memory?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
windows 7 can run on G31 if you have 4gig ram . not sure about the video memory. I think it should be 256Mb of 512Mb. My suggestiion for you would be to get G31 and entry level graphics card. G31 may not be able to drive FullHD movies (but am not sure though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom