most scaring movie ever made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Shouldn't this be in the Chit Chat section ???

anyways, the definition of scary is different for different persons... some get scared to spooky sounds and atmosphere :D, others to creepiness OR painted-faced ghosts OR darkness OR gore/blood etc etc etc.... so it is extremely difficult to figure out the BEST/MOST scaring movie....

Being a horror-movie buff, I can suggest you some good ones to watch if you haven't watched them already....

The Others;
The Sixth Sense;
Session 9;
Gin Gwai (The Eye);
Shutter;
The Tale of Two Sisters [Beautiful and Scary];
Ringu/The Ring;
REC. (hollywood remake is "Quarantine")
One Missed Call [watch the original]

and many others....

Rahim

Married!
Ju-On: The Grudge (Japanese version)
Shutter (Japanese Version or was it Korean?)
A Tale of Two Sisters

Hollywood doesnt know the "h" of horror movies. Better watch Japanese horror movies to get the feel of what exactly horror suppose to be.

@T159: Bas aapki hi kamii thi :)) Add some more.....

Last edited:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Ju-On: The Grudge (Japanese version)
Shutter (Japanese Version or was it Korean?)
A Tale of Two Sisters

Hollywood doesnt know the "h" of horror movies. Better watch Japanese horror movies to get the feel of what exactly horror suppose to be.

The Grudge sucked imo, both the original and remake (the scary element was good though at some points).. mainly because of those painted-faced ghosts, which I don't like... :D

Shutter is Thai movie.... was quite good.. but the Tale of Two Sisters was f00kin awessome... it was one hell of a poetic horror xperience.... also I would suggest watch "Gin Gwai", its another horror/(thriller partly too).... which will knock u out ... :)

Also Hollywood did produce a few good non-remake horror movies though most of the others are sh1t, and I would agree with you.... The Others and Sixth Sense were good.... :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
.. but A Tale of Two Sisters was f00kin awessome... it was one hell of a poetic horror xperience....
I will have to agree, it has its moment and it was artistically aesthetic. It has horror, art, cuteness, brutality, psychological fear and a great OST :p

Inside is also one of the scariest gory movie, its not ghost horror but its quite brutal in depiction and you will surely not like to meet the antagonist in this movie ever in life.

Marebito is one another surreal movie, movie makes a U turn at the end. You will be shocked at the end. Not everyone's cup of tea.

Jacob's ladder is another psychological horror movie which was an inspiration for Silent Hill game series.

The Shining and The Thing are two classic movies which everyone must watch.

Ringu and Ju-on too hav some moments of creepyness. If you like to see in face scares then these two are good enough.

I havent seen REC, The Orphanage and Shutter.

c0mrade

Right off the assembly line
First: Exorcist

Second: 1408

Some people died (literally) in theaters watching these movies.

R2K

In the Zone
^^

bollywood horror movies actually more like comedy movies to me

carver : it is full of gore that u will never dare to watch another horror movie

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
@c0mrade: i agree that 1408 was just too good. shows how horror movies should be made without stupid storylines and acting.

also, amongst other Shutter (original), The Ring series were good. I heard that Dead Silence is comparable to 1408 but haven't watched it yet... will soon do!

now, recently i watched the hindi flick 1920 and i found it a pretty decent move if you can ignore the songs, that is (try not to puke while the songs are playing!!)

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
@freshseasons:
LOL :lol: so the "zzz" at the end is supposed to be the irony ?? :D

@T159:
yeah, nice movies, which must be seen by any horror fans: Jacob's Ladder (was freakin mind boggling and awessome). The Thing was not exactly scary but was real good in terms of its suspense/sci-fi-thriller viewpoint. I didn't quite like The Shining though I am a great fan of Kubrick and Jack Nicholson.... The Hollywood remake of Ringu was pretty good IMO....:) Yeah, almost forgot about El Orfanato, it was very good indeed... :) and I would strongly suggest you to watch those 3 movies that u missed; all of them are freakin good... :) I haven't seen Marebito yeah-hooo...so its on for tonight... :) Thanks, I was almost running out of good horror movies....:)

One question though: The movie Inside, which u suggested, is it the french muvi A_la Inteurier...??

@Comrade:
Man, I remember how creepy the first 15 minutes of The Exorcist was.. but I kinda had that feeling that the second half of the muvi was sick/disgusting rather than scary.... anyways, I did see the The Version You Have Never Seen unedited first-release edition of the muvi.... but yeah, its a classic.... :) The background score of the muvi (composed by Robert Miles) was one of the best I have ever heard... and for 1408, it was nothing scary in it but was an "awesome mindf00k", which I thoroughly enjoyed... :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
One question though: The movie Inside, which u suggested, is it the french muvi A_la Inteurier...??
Yeah, the same one.

Dont watch Marebito, its just strange and will not appeal to you much. But few people will actually get scared like no other movie at the end scene.

I will get all three within week, The Others, The Orphanage and REC.

ancientrites

In the zone
the exorcist
freaks(1932) ---->old black and white hollywood movie not exactly horror nor scary.
dark half
devil doll (1936)___>yet again old hollywood movie you guyz shouldnt miss.

impressive bollywood horror movies by ramsay brothers
do gaz zameen ke neeche
tahkhana
dahshat
sannata ---->too much of sex anyways this movie is too scary

below are some movies that are directed by underrated b grade directors but they are good ones
house no 13
haveli ke peeche
roohani taqat----> i remember this movie in 1991.

c0mrade

Right off the assembly line
@c0mrade: i agree that 1408 was just too good. shows how horror movies should be made without stupid storylines and acting.

also, amongst other Shutter (original), The Ring series were good. I heard that Dead Silence is comparable to 1408 but haven't watched it yet... will soon do!

now, recently i watched the hindi flick 1920 and i found it a pretty decent move if you can ignore the songs, that is (try not to puke while the songs are playing!!)

I loved 1408 because they proved that a horror movie can be made without showing any ghost thing. Mostly some ugly face(we need to guess that it was ghost). Its all about the story and the screenplay. ;)

@Comrade:
Man, I remember how creepy the first 15 minutes of The Exorcist was.. but I kinda had that feeling that the second half of the muvi was sick/disgusting rather than scary.... anyways, I did see the The Version You Have Never Seen unedited first-release edition of the muvi.... but yeah, its a classic.... :) The background score of the muvi (composed by Robert Miles) was one of the best I have ever heard... and for 1408, it was nothing scary in it but was an "awesome mindf00k", which I thoroughly enjoyed... :)

and what about the Spider walk? Lolz

and yeah 1408 was an awesome mind fook. They showed that its all about the mind.

Last edited:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Ramu Ki Aag, Karzzz
Some scary $hit if u believe me, I've seen people running out of theaters after just 10 mins of the movie. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom