Most important things to look for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdude

Broken In
So friends, what are the most important things one should look for when joining a new company? Few things that I am aware of:

1. Reputation/brand/size of the company?
2. Salary and pay structure offered
3. Role and job profile offered...Is it of my interest area/expertise

Would love to hear more from you...and how much importance should one give to the different factors

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Nice section, just discovered it.
Well nowadays only BIG COMPANIES don't matter anymore, cuz they r facing BIGGER problems as u r aware

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I would really opt for a developing company rather than a BIG COMPANY.. its more like, in a well established company its hard for you to move up the ranks, while in a mediium enterprise or in a just opened one, your hard work pays off and you move forward in amazing pace. Also, you can shift to better companies with a better pay package after gaining enough experience.

OP
T

techdude

Broken In
Nice section, just discovered it.
Well nowadays only BIG COMPANIES don't matter anymore, cuz they r facing BIGGER problems as u r aware
CompAddict:

Sure bigger companies are facing large problems due to the economy...but they have grown big over a period of time because they have performed well and created high value for its clients and taken care of its employees...

Guess its a temporary phase and large companies also need to be careful to tide over the tough phase.....

but surely whether the company is large or small is only one of the factors....there should be many more factors one should look at before joining a firm !

very valid point dream catcher ..... you can have more visibility in a small organization..... but do consider this aspect:

How many tiers/ranks are there in the ladder !!

Typically in large organizations there are very many tiers in the ladder....Team sizes are larger too.....

In smaller organizations, there are less no. of tiers and team sizes are smaller.....

Clearly being CEO of some xyz small company would be less valuable than being the CEO of a larger branded company.

Advantage in a smaller company would be that you may have more freedom to express, implement and give shape to the direction and quantum of growth of the organization....Large organizations typically have a momentum and pre-set path since lot of planning happens ahead of time...

so truly both has its pros and cons i guess....

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
So friends, what are the most important things one should look for when joining a new company? Few things that I am aware of:

1. Reputation/brand/size of the company?
2. Salary and pay structure offered
3. Role and job profile offered...Is it of my interest area/expertise

Would love to hear more from you...and how much importance should one give to the different factors

The size/reputation of the company matters, but if you're getting into a well-known company that doesn't work in your field of interest, I'd rather not join it. It's of no use just earning big bucks and not getting any satisfaction from your work.

If you're just starting out, the salary should not be too much of a hassle. But once you're experienced, you'll always be looking to move forward, not sideways. But sometimes we need to compromise, since a well-known company might offer to take you on-board, but at a slightly lower salary than what you would have wanted.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
i think it depends on company you wish to join........whether an core or business field ,etc and most importantly Job Satisfaction in terms of ur interest

adi007

Youngling
How about starting a new small company...
Even though its tough and challenging it's worth ... and the joy of earning will be awesome :D

OP
T

techdude

Broken In
very good thought Adi007.....starting a new company is very exciting, satisfying and yes very very challenging too..... It comes with lot of responsibility.....if one is passionate about something, some money and time to invest, one should go ahead and start a company.....Even the large companies today was started by one person or a team of like-minded people at some stage!

Innovate ! Collaborate ! and of course Execute !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom