Montherboard query

NAVEEVIa

Broken In
Hi everyone.

I am facing problem with my HP laptop.
I purchased an HP Pavilion dv2500 laptop from US.The laptop is not booting & nothing happens when you press power button. HP service centre told me that there is likely problem with motherboard but since the model has not been launched in india, it wont be supported.

The model is not even supported in US now see link
HP PartSurfer

So i had to get motherboard replaced from local establishment.
Local guy told me that AMD motherboard will cost 3500Rs.
Now i had a few queries.
1. Can you replace original motherboard with different one( any compatibilty issues)?
2. Does replacing motherboard affect performance?
3. Can you guys here suggest a good replacement motherboard ?

Lastly if anyone has faced a similar problem , please share your experience.

Thanks & regards,
Naveen

Vishnupg45

Liverpool fanatic.
check this thread
thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/155002-please-help-soon-about-hp-pavilion-tx1000-cto-tablet-pc.html

OP
N

NAVEEVIa

Broken In
Hi Vishnu,
The case in other thread is that of overcharging , in my case HP refuses to even touch laptop saying its not supported & they don't have parts.
Hence the only option is to get motherboard changed from local shops.
Regards,
Naveen

Vishnupg45

Liverpool fanatic.
the point i tried to make was that hp service people are the worst that i know of.
You are the 4th person complaining about hp laptop mb., including me. Those laptops are meant to die.
They will not have spares also for the model readily available.

Hi everyone.

I am facing problem with my HP laptop.
I purchased an HP Pavilion dv2500 laptop from US.The laptop is not booting & nothing happens when you press power button. HP service centre told me that there is likely problem with motherboard but since the model has not been launched in india, it wont be supported.

The model is not even supported in US now see link
HP PartSurfer

So i had to get motherboard replaced from local establishment.
Local guy told me that AMD motherboard will cost 3500Rs.
Now i had a few queries.
1. Can you replace original motherboard with different one( any compatibilty issues)?
2. Does replacing motherboard affect performance?
3. Can you guys here suggest a good replacement motherboard ?

Lastly if anyone has faced a similar problem , please share your experience.

Thanks & regards,
Naveen

ans:
1. The compatibility issue is more likely.
2. Yes performance will be less than the current config.
3. We cannot suggest mb for laptops as it is not customisable.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - Replacing with a compatible motherboard should not create any issue as long as you have the proper driver support for this for all major OS like Xp, win7 etc and there won't be any performance issue at-all too but laptop motherboards are very hard to find in here.

BTW, your laptop is out of warranty and it don't has any kind of International Warranty ?

pratyush997

Inactive
Hi Vishnu,
The case in other thread is that of overcharging , in my case HP refuses to even touch laptop saying its not supported & they don't have parts.
Hence the only option is to get motherboard changed from local shops.
Regards,
Naveen
Hi bro thats just not a overcharging issue.The GPU wasn't working !!
Get the MoBo from a local shop but check the model no. correctly!
Thats the only thing u can do And can u Explain the whole thing A bit clearly

OP
N

NAVEEVIa

Broken In
The exact problem is that laptop was purchased from US, its not supported in India so HP service is out of question.
Laptop does not boot when power on button is pressed, nothing happens, no signs of activity. HP people told me its a MoBo issue & they dont have it even in US. Only solution get it repaired locally.

How do i find which one is compatible Mobo , on HP site only part no. is given nothing else? link HP PartSurfer

I will ask exact description of MoBo which he going ti install in 3.5K?
I am no expert in computers but checked prices here laptop motherboard | eBay

Naveen

pratyush997

Inactive
^^^Once try Removing Battery and Optical Drive(By Sliding) Press Power button for 30 sec.. and then Connect Ac power cord and Start ur laptop Again!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@OP - read these :

Laptop Won't Power On - Troubleshooting a AC/DC Adapter Problem and Laptop Power Connector
Is your laptop not turning on or has no power ? Laptop Repair | Laptop Repair and Upgrade

Top Bottom