Monitor woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hack expert

In the zone
just t`day from nowhere my monitor has a problem everything is seen blue i mean the entire screen has gone blue !! i think some prob with the tube dont know

can ne one please tell

1 What is the problem ??
2 can it be repaired or do i have to change the monitor ??

please guys help me out

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
Have you placed speakers near the monitor? If yes, then it can be due to the magnetic field from the speakers.
If you have Degaussing option in monitor (accessed through on-screen menu), then run it. If you have an older monitor which doesnt have on-screen menu, then simple switch off the monitor for few minutes and then check it.

Also, check the monitor cable for any loose contacts.

OP
hack expert

hack expert

In the zone
hey thanx for ur concern but the speakers aren not near and i know wat happens wen u bring th e speakers near it is temporary also the degaussing option not there

also a new thing happens wen i start the computer the screen goes all blue i can see almost everything except blue text
after 30 min or sothe colour returns but now the red colour is missing rest all is normal(where ever red shades are there black colour is seen i donno watz wrong

rachitar

Journeyman
Your transformer has gone kaput(i.e. it has gone bad)
No chance of repairing man,it has gone to far bad,forget about it,replace it
BTW a new transformer will cost you Rs1700.
I am saying this cause even i had the same problem

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
i do not think it is due to transformer if it was the case then the monitor will not switch on at all.

There is problem with your electron gun..

i had once such problem in which the culprit was the faulty video cable pin...

Regards..

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
All the colours normally displayed on a monitor screen are made up of combinations of the primary colours Red, Green and Blue. If you see only the Blue colour, it means the G and R components are missing.

There are three main points where the G and R signals can go missing : 1) in your graphics card, 2) at the monitor cable, and 3) inside the monitor.

To check if the graphics card is the culprit, test your computer with another monitor. If the display is normal, then the gfx card is OK.

Alternatively, you can test the monitor by connecting it to another computer.

To check the monitor cable, boot your computer and gently flex the cable, especially just behind the VGA connector that plugs into the CPU. See if the normal display comes back while you're flexing it. Some of the individual wires inside the cable can get broken if you've been using it with the cable pressed against a wall.

Repeat the process at the point where the cable enters the monitor.

This is not really the place to discuss details about exactly where inside the monitor those signals can get lost. That will involve technical details about the electronic circuitry which is not really appropriate for this forum.

But to give a general idea : If it's the CRT (picture tube), then it's not really worth repairing. If it's in some part of the drive electronics, then an electronics technician should be able to repair it.

Slap the side of the monitor and see if the display colour returns to normal, at least temporarily. If it does, then it could be a dry solder or loose connection inside the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom