Monitor ,keyboard and mouse nt getting connected.

gagan4016

Right off the assembly line
i have got a new gaming desktop with the configuration of
AMD 8350,ASUS Sabertooth, 8gb gkill ram, corsair TX650M PSU, corsair carbide 400r cabinet , ATI radeon 7870 2gb GPU,24" asus LCD monitor.

wen it got assembled and it was running fine , but suddenly now the monitor,keyboard and mouse ..nothing is getting connected...i tried all permutation and combinations....tried all d components in my other cpu...its working der..
Dont knw whats d issue.pls help.

Welcome to TDF. First, as you have mentioned that those components are working in other PC; but are other computer's componets working in your pc?
Is the BIOS splash screen being displayed, or is the display not at all working?

Try following things:

> Run your pc with some other PC's hard disk with an OS, may be some corrupt OS stuff
> Update your BIOS

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Is the cpu powering on ?

Give further details as to where you are getting stuck.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ op - "suddenly now the monitor,keyboard and mouse ..nothing is getting connected." you meant you are getting no signal on the monitor ? If so then try remounting the ram modules first and if that's not solving the issue remount each and every components properly.

Hrishi

Run a simple test with only necessary parts connected.

1.PSU
2.Motherboard.
3.CPU.
4.RAM.

Attach your keyboard and mouse to the USB/PS2 ports. ALso if possible attach the monitor in VGA mode , if you are using Dvi ports.
Now , power-on the machine with the mentioned parts only and see if the light on keyboards/mouse blinks .

Post the results of your observation.

Check for ,
1.Any beeps from your motherboard.
2.Are the Fans/LEDs on your motherboard working ??
3.Is the CPU getting heated-up ??[Check the heat-sink .]

Try removing the CMOS cell and if possible run the setup in Recovery/maintainance mode by changing the setting of jumper pins.[if any.]

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
one more thing is if possible perform the test outside of the cabinet and start the mobo by shorting/touching the start pin ( power switch ) of the mobo with a screw driver ... if you don't understand try googling a bit on this and you will get loads of answer on how to do it.

Top Bottom