Monitor from 8k to 10k...

manab_bikash

Neophyte
Hi Guys....
I want to have a dual monitor setup...
I already have a BENQ G2220HD a 21.5" monitor...
So, I want suggestion guys shall i buy the same monitor or something else...
and my card is Palit GTX 260...

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you can find and happy with quality then getting the exact same monitor is the best bet for you.

OP
M

manab_bikash

Neophyte
Does a monitor with HDMI port change the viewing experience....
if so suggest one...
Moreover in my office i have Samsung SyncMaster P2350...
When i took some work from my work pc to home the color changes a bit...there is more grey values even if the screen is black...
So,....havig a different monitor will it change the viewing experience...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
to be honest I've not seen any difference in quality while using aVGA/DVI/HDMI cable - they all look same to me. Two different monitor can have different color gamut level, light intensity, response time, viewing angle etc. and that's why you notice the color difference ... to get best and nearest possible color you need to calibrate both monitor.

OP
M

manab_bikash

Neophyte
So, shall i get the same monitor Benq G2220HD or a 24" monitor.....
will a 24" monitor show any problem with sync...
Plz Help..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you get a 24inch monitor it will support your rig for sure even if you want to set up a dual monitor config but playing game on such setup is a different thing al-together where the gpu will hold back you ... anyway can you mention your budget for the 24inch monitor ? for starter look at Dell ST2440L around ~13k.

icebags

Technomancer
ST2420L is history, look for S2440L at similar price (13-14k). Its VA panel upgrade from the TN panel of the ST.
U may also check S2340L or S2240L, both got IPS panel and should be priced somewhere like 9-11k. Just forget the ST series, they had some issues, and now out of market for good.

I bought a ST2320L in Jan 2011, and this monitor went kaput 2 times in a year, and finally Dell replaced it with a S2440L this January (2nd replacement). This monitor is a huge improvement over that ST, but not without issues, screen goes dark when a light/fan switch is made on/off in the switch board. Not sure where Dell's product quality is heading, but their customer service is awesome, u will get immediate replacement if within warranty and product is physically intact.

When using high res monitor, better use DVI or HDMI cable, I find images crisper with them from a normal VGA cable.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ST2420L is history, look for S2440L at similar price (13-14k). Its VA panel upgrade from the TN panel of the ST.
U may also check S2340L or S2240L, both got IPS panel and should be priced somewhere like 9-11k. Just forget the ST series, they had some issues, and now out of market for good.

I bought a ST2320L in Jan 2011, and this monitor went kaput 2 times in a year, and finally Dell replaced it with a S2440L this January (2nd replacement). This monitor is a huge improvement over that ST, but not without issues, screen goes dark when a light/fan switch is made on/off in the switch board. Not sure where Dell's product quality is heading, but their customer service is awesome, u will get immediate replacement if within warranty and product is physically intact.

When using high res monitor, better use DVI or HDMI cable, I find images crisper with them from a normal VGA cable.

happened with my stupid samsung monitor ( even after panel replacement it still has ugly blacklighet bleeding issue ) and the UPS was the culprit.

icebags

Technomancer
checked connecting to direct power socket , after removing from monitor. still it's the same. anyways ..... i m tired of contacting them again and again, will just wait and see,.... other wise monitor is good.

OP
M

manab_bikash

Neophyte
Thank You guys I will look into it...

Guys.......what about this monitor....its has HDMI/DVI/VGA/Sound and great built too....
ViewSonic VX2270Smh-LED & ViewSonic VX2253mh-LED
please Suggest...

Last edited:
Top Bottom