monitor for ps3

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
If the monitor does not have an HDMI input along with speaker, the PS3 bundle comes with an AV Multi Out cable. It has the standard yellow/white/red for audio + video channels (composite). I just checked my PS3 and the cable is in there.

It looks like this.
*i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/anilasingh1977/PS3_8_OtherCablesConnect.gif

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
Yes HDMi and AV cable can both be used simultaneously. I myself use similar configuration. My PS3 is hooked to dell U2311H via a HDMI to DVI cable. For the sudio part I use the AV cable and l have connected the same to my logitech Z506 using the white and red connectors. The video cable (yellow cable) is not being used.

And everything works just fine.

OP
D

darksider

Broken In
Yes HDMi and AV cable can both be used simultaneously. I myself use similar configuration. My PS3 is hooked to dell U2311H via a HDMI to DVI cable. For the sudio part I use the AV cable and l have connected the same to my logitech Z506 using the white and red connectors. The video cable (yellow cable) is not being used.

And everything works just fine.

have you connected the AV cable directly to ur speakers or are u using some adapter to do it

Sarath

iDota
The speakers have inputs for them so no need of an adapter. But if they don't then you will need an adapter.

in this case he has connected them directly

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
Yes. My speakers have RCA inputs and i have connected to them. But if your speakers have only 3.5 mm as input, then you will require a RCA to 3.5 mm adapter.

newway01

Journeyman
PS3 has something like optical out for True HD Audio, rite? I guess some 5.1 computer speakers comes with optical out..

Top Bottom