Monitor and Monitor Power Light is blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

aathif

Broken In
Hi,

My sys Monitor and Monitor Power Light is blinking, and when I boot my sys, after opening the desktop the sys totllay hanging, mouse cursor also not moving, some times system automatically restarting like power cut.

I dont know what happen with my sys please help me :cry:

I have WinXP, proff

expertno.1

Technomancer
check the connections properly !

have you any heating problem ? check with speedfan ?

does the blinking of monitor was normal before the problem ?

do you have the latest VGA drivers ?

or have you turned on the power saving mode ?

Charley

Just Do It
aathif said:
Hi,

My sys Monitor and Monitor Power Light is blinking, and when I boot my sys, after opening the desktop the sys totllay hanging, mouse cursor also not moving, some times system automatically restarting like power cut.

I dont know what happen with my sys please help me :cry:

I have WinXP, proff

Dude, how do u say ur monitor blinks and still ur able to get to the desktop.

Anyway hope this helps, check on the monitor cables and insert them properly in the slot and reinstall the OS again as some files seem to be corrupt.

Get back here with the follow up
:D

rohanbee

Padawan
Have you tried going in safe mode. Something similar happened to me after a virus crippled my system.
Have you loaded any new softwares right before this happened. Go and uninstall them in safe mode.

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmmm
Monitor is blinking.
Does it go totally blank and led start blinking after entering the windows GUI.
If yes then then there is incompatibility between your sys resolution and refresh rate you have set.
If this is the problem then boot in safe mode and set refresh rate to the adapter default(60 hz in most cases)
If this is not the case then you means you get display when entering the GUI but monitor blinks.
If thats the case then check for any magnetic field in close proximity of your monitor.
Also uninstall your graphics adapter and set it to the
standard microsoft vga graphics.Check if the problem persists.
Now install your agp drivers with the latest version from the vendors website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom