Modi is BJP’s PM candidate 2014

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
*www.firstpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/modis-supporters.jpg

The Bharatiya Janata Party on Friday declared Narendra Modi as party’s Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 general election.

The much awaited announcement was made by BJP president Rajnath Singh at a crowded Press Conference at 11, Ashoka Road, in the presence of galaxy of party leaders after a crucial meeting of the BJP Parliamentary Board. The meeting of the party’s apex decision making body was attended senior leaders like Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj, Murli Manohar Joshi and Nitin Gadkari among others.

Making the announcement, Rajnath Singh said the decision had been taken unanimously by the Parliamentary Board as per the party’s tradition. Rajnath said the decision was taken keeping in view the mood and aspirations of the people.

As Rajnath declared Modi’s name for the top post, a wave of jubilation spread in the party cadre.

Accepting the new responsibility Modi thanked party leadership and workers for reposing faith in him.

“I have served BJP as a worker for many years to the best of my ability. With this big responsibility, I assure everyone that I will leave no stone upturned for the achievement of the goal. I will work tirelessly to ensure that BJP wins the 2014 general election,” Modi who will turn 63 next Tuesday said.

The BJP’s star performer, who has proved his mettle as the Gujarat Chief Minister, sought the blessings of crores of people from Kashmir to Kanyakumari to help BJP win.

Coining a new slogan ‘nayi sonch, nayi ummeed‘ (new thinking, new hope), Modi said the party will continue to work for development and good governance while fighting against corruption and price rise.

“The country is going through a crisis and the countrymen should support BJP to emerge from this situation,” Modi flanked by Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj, Murli Manohar Joshi, Ananth Kumar among others said.

The Gujarat Chief Minister, who flew to Delhi from Gandhinagar late afternoon, also expressed gratitude to NDA allies for supporting him through telephone calls.

Modi also thanked media for its contribution in bringing out the issues that have been raging the country including corruption, inflation among others.

The decision on Modi came on a day of fast-paced developments and back-to-back meetings and last minute efforts to bring the BJP top brass together. Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi and Sushma Swaraj, who are said to have reservations on Modi’s name, finally joined the majority view of the BJP.

The move to formally announce Modi as BJP’s Prime Ministerial face gained momentum after the go-ahead given by RSS last week.

Modi got a shot in the arm when NDA allies Shiv Sena and Shiromani Akali Dal extended their support to him for the top post.

Welcoming Modi’s appointment as PM candidate, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray said, “The decision was expected and that is the mood of the people too.”

“Modi is a capable leader, and has done remarkable development work in Gujarat. Many States are following practices adopted by Gujarat,” SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal said.

Source:
Modi is BJP’s PM candidate 2014

funskar

Padawan
Very Bad days are gonna come for pappu n his mama :lol:

Between Narendra Modi pips Obama to become most
searched person on google:-D

Flash

Lost in speed
Actually Mani Shankar aiyar is pretty confident that INC will win this time too, just because of Modi.
He said he was in a dilemma before announcing Modi as their candidate.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hope he Wins and bring some changes to our country. Congress already done lots of damages to our country.

breathslayer

Broken In
By being a part of a minority community and which is grossly hated and disliked by many for certain practices and ways which totally contradict the beliefs set by the holy scriptures, I would feel terribly unsafe and insecure for my life and rights in a land i've considered to be mine, and to which, ive treated with the highest respect.

fuser

Right off the assembly line
Oh, so same neoliberal policies added with more hatred towards minorities and less tolerance everywhere. Exciting times.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I was also ready to vote for BJP, only to root away INC. But our Supreme Court which is, in some ways, running our country now, has given me another option - NotA and I am going to use it.

@breathslayer: I don't think Congress is in anyway better in safeguarding minorities or majorities. They only care about themselves and the AP/Telengana issues is a proof of this.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Above all !!! wvery one in this Thread/posts or in TDF must vote...

saying and imagining Bjp or congy should win does not help ....

go lift your ass and make your voter card asap so u can vote

(many people dont vote as they say they did not rercieve voter id card :- lift up your ass and seach nearby to make yoruself a Voter id card

and dont come back crying if you dont vote !!

Flash

Lost in speed
Adwani said:
Welcoming the recent Supreme Court verdict on giving the voters the option of registering negative voting (none of the above — NOTA), senior BJP leader L.K. Advani has said that the measure will be meaningful only if it is accompanied by compulsory voting.
Most of the people (even the educated) are not even aware of the NotA vote, cause there are no instructions given by Election commission or govt on how to do this.
Parties are aware that, NotA is like a two-sided weapon, it can hunt them too. .

Top Bottom