Modem connectivity woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use BSNL SancharNet dialup connection in my home.For the past 1 month whenever I connect to the net,the status icon shows "bsnl is connected at 115.2 Kpbs.But to the fact I have only a 56 kpbs modem(PCTel HSP56-ONBOARD).But when I held many bandwidth tests I got about,

How fast is your ISP?
Connection Type Connection Speed
Your ISP 30.1 kbps

Kindly say me whether this is due to driver problem or the details the status icon show is correct correct.If so where can I find the latest drivers.Please help me.I use Windows XP Professional,Pentium 4 processor HT,256 MB Ram,80 GB Harddisk,Geforce MX 4000 WITH NVIDIA 81.98 DRIVERS,ZoneAlarm Security Suite(with enabling block mime objects,persistent,3rd party
cookies,Disabled preview of ad's,)using AVG AntiVirus.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
115.2 kbps is the baud speed (The speed at which data is transferred from your modem to computer). 56 kbps is the maximum theoretical speed of your modem, ie the speed at which data is transferred from ISP to modem. Abd 30.1 kbps is the actual speed you are getting. This is quite normal speed for a dial up modem. So you dont have to worry about anything.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
kalpik said:
115.2 kbps is the baud speed (The speed at which data is transferred from your modem to computer). 56 kbps is the maximum theoretical speed of your modem, ie the speed at which data is transferred from ISP to modem. Abd 30.1 kbps is the actual speed you are getting. This is quite normal speed for a dial up modem. So you dont have to worry about anything.

Thanks for your tip.But where can I look for the PCTel HSP56 Modem drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom