Mobile Security / SE Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

zodiac_511

The CREATURE
I read an article in today's Times Of India (Chennai edition). It said that viruses could be disguised as SMSes. Is this true?

Anyway do Sony Ericssons need antivirus software, considering they're Java based? If so could you suggest one for the SE C902.

Thanks.

OP
zodiac_511

zodiac_511

The CREATURE
@dream
Had the phone for about 2 weeks now. It's a dream :p.

What about the SMS thing? can viruses be spread via SMSes?

And are you 100pc sure about the antivirus? I'm paranoid :p

Anyway why do SEs not require antivirus software?

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
yea dude. SE phones dont need an antivirus. No virus es devoloped yet.Yea theres this sms circulating that can switch off your phone the moment you open it. But nothing to worry.

me will buy the C902 in a week too. Btw update the firmware, theres one out already.

OP
zodiac_511

zodiac_511

The CREATURE
And by the way for firmware upgrade you'll need to use the Sony Update thing right?

If so, it's damn buggy. You have to download a 24meg file from the internet. It then autoupdates 2 times(dont ask me why) each takes 10 mins on a 512kbps line and finally you can search for new firmware. I haven't tried this out myself ,I'm on dialup :(

I'll be doing it soon at my friends place. Thanks.

*www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=172298

Take a look at this. There are some bugs with the new version. And is it really necessary? I've no problems with the phone.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
If you dont have any problems then its absolutely fine. I have the k850 and i update ot everytime. The new firmware makes the cam better i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom