Mobile / Point and shoot camera photography.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The definition of "Amateur" is really vague. But I think any shots taken from a mobile or similar device counts! :p

Anyway... just wanted to share some pics and encourage members to do the same. If you think its "pretty good" but "not good enough", then this is the place where it should be!

Here are some of my pics which I tried to shoot with my 3 mega-pixel camera of Optimus One.

*i.imgur.com/Z9YuM.jpg

Was trying to catch the red skies:

*i.imgur.com/U2BP1.jpg

A sunset in the progress:

*i.imgur.com/8Vi2c.jpg

After shooting with the HDR effect: (watch this in big!)

*i.imgur.com/Wpt4J.jpg

Pretty nice the one above me.. I think! :D

arian29

In the zone
Re: The Amateur photography thread. AKA, Unleashing the little photographer inside us! (High Bandwid

nice shots.. but y not in The Photography Thread ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Re: The Amateur photography thread. AKA, Unleashing the little photographer inside us! (High Bandwid

Ok ask mod to open a new sticky thread for mobile pics...

BTW in ur series only 1st one came accurately ;)

BTW if u r posting pics in this forum please post pics not bigger than 800x600. It loads fast and looks good :)

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

nice shots.. but y not in The Photography Thread ?

Cause they are not good enough. :|
And let me tell you, the pics in the Photography thread are Picture perfect Awesome!! :shock:

BTW if u r posting pics in this forum please post pics not bigger than 800x600. It loads fast and looks good :)

Well... I considered downscaling them. But thought that some pics looks good only when it's seen in "larger" resolution.
Members with slow bandwidth won't surf a thread marked with "High Bandwidth" anyway.. :)

arian29

In the zone

Ok.. so here are some random shots with my new Nokia Lumia

*img651.imageshack.us/img651/7531/wp000011h.jpg
*img713.imageshack.us/img713/9301/wp000010n.jpg
*img806.imageshack.us/img806/9022/wp000009.jpg

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Nice black and whites!

First one gave me the impression that it's some Russian post war pics! :p
Later I realized that it's of the C.P.! :)

P.S: ico changed the title of the thread. I know the new title doesn't have the "heart" like the previous one. But anything for the "greater good"... :|

sujoyp

Grand Master
@axes2t2 perfect shot...perfect exposure :)

guys I want u to learn various photoshop methods to make the pic much better...even picasa have lots of options to make a pic beautiful....

Its no that pic is dull soo u post it as it is...just try to make it beautiful

U know I have to spent more time on PC for post processing on various softwares like GIMP, picasa, photoshop, Neat image only then the result look that good...learn them

I will show u some examples :)

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iVzZJ9jZR1s/T1Gxe7FghNI/AAAAAAAAHSA/kn6lXYHUHAc/s800/Desktop1.jpg

Look the original one dont have shine, less sharp, awkward ...but the final image is very different :)

Last edited:
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@axes2t2: That ain't "Ameteur" photography! :D That is "art"!

@sujoyp: Photoshopping an image does result in beautiful pics, but isn't it a bit unfair?
I mean, I believe in "Originality", and photoshopping means to make it "less" natural. :|

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Nokia N79

*i.imgur.com/PhPQX.jpg
*i.imgur.com/fgwyk.jpg

Nokia 5233
*i.imgur.com/HQKMf.jpg
My sweet School :))

*i.imgur.com/XLvkW.jpg
Lonely lane

sujoyp

Grand Master
@vyom...photoshopping upto a limit is always fine....I know certainly that most people do 2-3 things
1. Sharpen the pic (maybe only subject or whole pic)
2. Increase saturation
3. Crop

Nothing to be ashamed of it...our objective is make pic beautiful for viewing at least it should look like what we originally wanted :)

Lightroom is perfect....havent used it much ;)

@tenida 2nd and last one look good...

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Nothing to be ashamed of it...our objective is make pic beautiful for viewing at least it should look like what we originally wanted :)

Who said anything about "ashamed".. :lol:
But I got your point. Thanks.

Btw... here are two unedited pics which I shot when I had a chance from HTC 7 Mozart's 8 megapixel phone.
Really loved how everything is dipped into golden tint!

*i.imgur.com/Lvkfl.jpg
(Click to enlarge)

*i.imgur.com/fcP15.jpg
(Click to enlarge)

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I actually dont literally mean ashamed :D I mean its nothing to hide ;)

Yup golden tint was great :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Nice pics, this reminds me, I have to throw my 5800 away, its 3.2mp camera sucks worse than a 1.3mp camera(cr@p sensor).

Tenida

Gadget Freak
*i.imgur.com/8aK8R.jpgKolkata Book Fair 2012
Camera- Nokia 5233(2MP)

*i.imgur.com/CDTcI.jpg
*i.imgur.com/1a8rq.jpg
*i.imgur.com/pIOrl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/p9Oac.jpg
*i.imgur.com/nld1a.jpg
*i.imgur.com/HR95p.jpg
*i.imgur.com/2c66B.jpg
*i.imgur.com/NQFEb.jpg