mobile phone flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAYHEM

Journeyman
prankie said:
well in symbi v9.1 there is no system folder, instead u have sys, and that too can't be modified.. symbian did that for security reasons...
well somehow i backed up my sms's on my pc....
Through PC The system folder can be edited,i hv changed fonts on 3250.

prankie

D PrankMaster
@mAYHEM
dude i'm facin one prob.. i'm using IDEA prepaid.. to see the balance one has to type *212# but this does'nt work here... i mean when i type this on my phone a message comes "request not completed"
are u facin the same prob???

mAYHEM

Journeyman
When i do *123# to see balance on N3250 it just restarts and sometimes when the keypad is twisted to open camera the phone hangs(but sometomes)I think these are bugs in version 3.2X.

mayneu

Journeyman
hi prankie... i think u r curious about flasing ur mobile.....

let me tell u one thing.... its not at all dangerous to flash/ upgrade ur firmware.....not at all..... i mean it, compared to overclocking.....

first of all u need to have a dku cable appropriate ur handset which is provided along with ur mobile for connecting to pc. next is get the latest firmware...get it from here...*nokia.dogtoe.com/files/firmware/

next thing is appropriate softwares to flash ur mobile.
1) Diego
2) Phoenix 2004 + Crack
3) Cable driver
4) Phoenix 2006 update

there is a good guide for u in the following address...
just follow it, i think its useful......

*nokia.dogtoe.com/

if u have any problem, pls contact me....i will be there to help u... go ahead.......

if u like my post, say thanks.....

prankie

D PrankMaster
Thanks a lot buddy...
btw, i'vee chosen not to flash myself.. instead i'll give it to the priority ones...
i was jus curious shud i upgrade or not, coz the newer version has many bugs...

mayneu

Journeyman
fine, u r scared to do i think... no probs.

i forgot to tell u that i did flash my 6630 2 days ago.... its fine & doing great.

anyway once ur guarantee is over u have to stick to tis solution, unless u r ready to shell out extra money for just 5 mins work.....

if u r happy with it fine,,,, enjoy...

DIAMOND IS JUST AN ANOTHER PIECE OF COAL, WHICH DID WELL UNDER PRESSURE........

fine, u r scared to do i think... no probs.

i forgot to tell u that i did flash my 6630 2 days ago.... its fine & doing great.

anyway once ur guarantee is over u have to stick to tis solution, unless u r ready to shell out extra money for just 5 mins work.....

if u r happy with it fine,,,, enjoy...

DIAMOND IS JUST AN ANOTHER PIECE OF COAL, WHICH DID WELL UNDER PRESSURE........

Last edited:

prankie

D PrankMaster
btw the site u gave has no info abt the version of firmware.. so practically i dunno which version i'm downloadin..

mAYHEM

Journeyman
prankie said:
no.. firmwares for all models are present..
but i prefer iphone-forum..
Get it from here
hp://www.gsmegypt.com/support/mouazen/ (All)
hp://www.gsmegypt.com/support/mouazen/Nokia/ (Nokia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom