mobile phone flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a ngage qd, recently i checked its version its o4.1 or something like this can someone tell me what is the LATEST version of software for ngage qd how can i get it ??

can i flash my phone myself??if yes then how to do it??

or

if i have to get it done by nokia care then how much time will they take and how much will they charge for it??

One last thing ...

I want to lock folders in my ngage qd to get some privacy, is it possible ?? if yes which software to use and how to get it??

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
use cryptomatic to hide files and not folders
flash in any local shop
i use a qd too
latest is 4.15 or 4.21
it costed me 100 bucks and i can run a 1gb card widout any probs

prankie

D PrankMaster
@pathiks
u told that firmware can be upgraded usin just a datacable.. how???
i have downloaded the latest firmware (v3.23) for my N3250....

paul_007

Padawan
yes u can fash ur cell phone urself , but it is too risky , u can go to nokia dealers and they willflash ur phone

Pathik

Google Bot
it ll void ur warranty but its not illegal for sure.......
and prankie u can flash 6630,n70 and n80 using a datacable dont know abt 3250....
99% it can be done 2.....
and its risky so dont blame me if ur fone goes haywire...

mAYHEM

Journeyman
pathiks said:
it ll void ur warranty but its not illegal for sure.......
and prankie u can flash 6630,n70 and n80 using a datacable dont know abt 3250....
99% it can be done 2.....
and its risky so dont blame me if ur fone goes haywire...
It will void ur warranty.The firmware is protected by nokia and the nokia software need to be cr**ked before using with datacable.U can flash 3250.

prankie

D PrankMaster
i know that its risky.. i'll bettr take ur advice and take it to priority center...
during flashing complete mem is erased.. i know that phonebook and calender entries can be backup'd but what abt messages, i mean sms'es.. and is there nyway to backup the registry so that the licensed softwares which are on my sd card don't ask for reinstallation after flashing...

Pathik

Google Bot
@prankie no the system files in c/ ll get erased after flashing so u ll hav to install them again....
neways wat licensed softwares r u talkin abt ??? :))

prankie

D PrankMaster
not licensed softwares actually ;) i meant symbian softwares (sis)... coz java apps have no issues.. but the symbian ones need to be reinstalled..
how can sms be backedup on pc??

Pathik

Google Bot
on cell copy the whole msg folder to ur mmc to back it up.... and u can also transfer it to pc....

mAYHEM

Journeyman
prankie said:
dude i m using symbian v9.1 .. in this u cannot access system folder...
Select data tranfer when u connect thru data cable.Then in My Computer>Tools>Folder Otions>View>Show Hidden Files.U will see ur Sytem Folder in Removable Drive(E:\System of ur fone).Or use Card Reader

For c:\System,select Pc-Suite instead of data transfer,then Pc-Suite>File manager with show hidden files checked.Hvnt tried this one.

prankie

D PrankMaster
well in symbi v9.1 there is no system folder, instead u have sys, and that too can't be modified.. symbian did that for security reasons...
well somehow i backed up my sms's on my pc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom