MegaMind

Human Spambot
Mobile for given budget...

1| Budget| 25k ~ 30k
2| Display type and size|Any
3|Form Factor? bar, slider, flip|Any
4| Preferred choice of brand|sony, samsung
5| Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type)|any
6| What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera|Atleast 8MP back n a basic front
7|Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc)|any
8| Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly|3G & wifi must
9| Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)| GPS
10| Primary use of handset |internet, multimedia, camera, mails, gaming, resp.
11| Any specific mobile phones in consideration| S2 & xperia S

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
to be safe buy Xperia S. Cause all S2 available now have TI OMAP processor and not Samsung Exynos Dual. Also do check Samsung Note. It hasn't received any pricecut but decent mobile for 31k.

rider

as Kratos
For 28k budget get Xperia S
IMO better to increase budget 3k more get nvidia tegra 3 quad core phone HTC ONE X use coupon and get 1k less

Nighthawk12

In the zone
to be safe buy Xperia S. Cause all S2 available now have TI OMAP processor and not Samsung Exynos Dual. Also do check Samsung Note. It hasn't received any pricecut but decent mobile for 31k.

Bro Samsung is selling S2 with Exynos chipset here in delhi.

Go for S2 it has better custom support than Experia S, It has better processor (Exynos).Plus it comes with ICS out of the box and hence it's 3k cheaper and it has super amoled plus display which is the best.

And If you want stylish phone with superb display, design than go for Xperia S.And it's camera is 12mega pixels but it is not that good.(I have compared both).But yeah Sony xperia S will definately get jellybean update.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Xperia S is faster in most benchmarks than GS2, so that isn't really true. Also camera is also better on Xperia S. Check Phonearena camera shootout. Xperia S camera was declared best compared to Iphone 4s, GS3, GS2, Note and One X.

Also no comparison between HD display of XS and 800x480 screen of GS2.

So for all these things, 3k more is worth it.

rider

as Kratos
Xperia S camera is fine but not good as iPhone and One X
Sony Xperia S Vs One X camera

I mean pictures are whitish and less natural in sony's default mode but it can be corrected by adjusting the setting.

aroraanant

Explorer
In that budget Xperia S is the best option for you according to me.
Apart that if you can extend your budget a lil bi then you can buy One X for 33-34k

Nighthawk12

In the zone
^
Xperia S is faster in most benchmarks than GS2, so that isn't really true. Also camera is also better on Xperia S. Check Phonearena camera shootout. Xperia S camera was declared best compared to Iphone 4s, GS3, GS2, Note and One X.

Also no comparison between HD display of XS and 800x480 screen of GS2.

So for all these things, 3k more is worth it.

Samsung galaxy S2 beats Xperia S in Qudrant (both ICS S2 4632, Xperia S 4374 tested both) S2 beats Xperia S in Neo core.And Btw Xperia P's camera is better than the one of XPeria S+ S2 has the biggest community of custom rom development

rider

as Kratos
Re: Mobile for given budget...

Hello,

Sony Xperia S Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), upgradable to v4.x Chipset- Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon, CPU Dual-core 1.5 GHz Processor LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, Size 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.3 inches )
Multitouch up to 10 fingers, Scratch-resistant glass, Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine Display ,CAMERA Primary 12 MP, 4000x3000 pixels, autofocus, LED flashGeo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, 3D sweep panorama, image stabilization and Secondary 1.3 MP, 720p@30fps,this phone has the good camera and a better Display with BRAVIA Engine while compare to other specified model.

Yea! we all know specs what you want to say?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Samsung galaxy S2 beats Xperia S in Qudrant (both ICS S2 4632, Xperia S 4374 tested both) S2 beats Xperia S in Neo core.And Btw Xperia P's camera is better than the one of XPeria S+ S2 has the biggest community of custom rom development

Now do you want me to laugh at your post or what ? 4632 in Quadrant? Which world you live man:lol: We are talking about Xperia S and GS2 not Htc One X and LG Optimus 4X HD.

Hahahahahaha Gs2 scores 3000 in Quadrant on ICS (check GSMArena) and Xperia S scores 3400.

LOL hahahaha now should I even answer to the second part of your post.

Just Read this Mister - Camera comparison between Xperia S and Galaxy S2 and Nokia N8
*www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s_vs_samsung_galaxy_s_ii-review-734p3.php

@rider

Yes that is why you can see Phonearena shootout. Xperia S overall takes best pictures and GS3 best videos in that shootout.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Now do you want me to laugh at your post or what ? 4632 in Quadrant? Which world you live man:lol: We are talking about Xperia S and GS2 not Htc One X and LG Optimus 4X HD.

Hahahahahaha Gs2 scores 3000 in Quadrant on ICS (check GSMArena) and Xperia S scores 3400.

LOL hahahaha now should I even answer to the second part of your post.

Just Read this Mister - Camera comparison between Xperia S and Galaxy S2 and Nokia N8
Sony Xperia S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II: S-hootout - GSMArena.com

@rider

Yes that is why you can see Phonearena shootout. Xperia S overall takes best pictures and GS3 best videos in that shootout.

I live in earth obv, I'm talking about the scores in ICS not gingerbread.My Samsung galaxy S2 beats Xperia S in quadrant both running stock ICS, I have both so stop being a so smart.+ Samsung galaxy S2 has the biggest custom rom support.(If you know what I'm talking about).And even tough My s2 runs on 1.2ghz andd Xperia S on 1.5ghz.And S2 agains beats Xperia S in nenamark and neocore.

aroraanant

Explorer
Why not get the Note 2 if you can think of 4S.
I have recently bought it for my bro, and trust me its an amazing thing, you gonna love it for sure.Rest is upto you bro.I got it for him against iphoen 5.

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
^^As mentioned, too big for my liking..

Also the main feature i'm looking at is camera & audio quality(which the samsung androids lack)...

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^^
But the case is totally difference in the case Note 2.
Apart from that have a look at One X, can be grabbed for around 30k or may be less from ebay with some deal or coupon.

Top Bottom