Mobile buying Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@pathiks-I took it from softpedia review.I meant what is PNG?
Here are some more test results.

Also guys new queries:

9)How much card it supports? 2GB or 4GB? I have read in pdf downloaded from nokia site it supports 2GB & phone’s brochure says that it supports maximum 4GB. But reviewers say it supports only 2GB. I have also heard on net that nokia 5700 has to hardware support 4GB, but officially nokia has only said 2GB. Which is correct? Give me your experiences.

10)Nokia has also launched Nokia 5700 transformers edition. Is it available in India?

11)I read today in newspaper about n73 being offered at Rs.13,399.What do you think should i wait a little & get it.

Keep your response flowing, i am listening.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
GeekyBoy said:
How is the Nokia 5300 XpressMusic ?
Dont go for it. Its a S40 phone. Instead go for the 5700.

@Cool G5
Nokia has released new firmwares for all the major Nseries phones to enable support for the 4GB card. If 5700 does not support as of now, i think we could see the support added in a new firmware version soon.

No reason why it should not be available in India. Try out the Essar Mobile Store or any major store in your city and ask them only.

How much are you getting 5700 for and what card are you getting along with both the phones? Between 5700 and N73, except for camera and some special treatment from Nokia, i would be inclined towards 5700 for the S603 FP1 and the 16M color screen. Otherwise N73, featurewise, is better.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My one colleague has a mobile shop & he told me that he will give me Nokia 5700 for Rs.9000 including bill+1GB card.
I don't know about other accessories.I got to ask him.
What do you think? It sure looks a tempting deal. :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
but dude..i hav my doubts with the 5700..i own this thing..and trust me..pathetic battery life and very low speakers..as an s60 phn..simply awesum...

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
What to do about the edit(pencil) button?? Nokia 5700 doesn't have it.
Also is 5710 symbian or s40????

devilzdad

Broken In
Cool G5 said:
My one colleague has a mobile shop & he told me that he will give me Nokia 5700 for Rs.9000 including bill+1GB card.
I don't know about other accessories.I got to ask him.
What do you think? It sure looks a tempting deal. :)

wat abt the cost of 5700 in other shops..... i think its around 12K....rite???

azzu

AJJU
the pencil button is for selecting or marking several files by holding it and scrolling the images or files
for me it doesnt matter

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
azzu said:
the pencil button is for selecting or marking several files by holding it and scrolling the images or files
for me it doesnt matter

I mean does the absense of the pencil key affect the phone ability to copy/paste,mark multiple files??
I know files can also be marked from menu.

What about the copy/pasting text???
Is it possible on nokia 5700?

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
It wont affect you if you havent used it but if you are a regular user of pencil key like me then you will find it hell not to have it :)

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
azzu said:
yup in menu mark and mark several options

Not that. I mean to select text for eg from message & paste it in opera or another app like notes. I did not mean mark file.

K

krazyfrog

The Edit key is gone but the functionality remains. I don't know exactly but Nokia has assigned the Edit key's functionality to some other key that only appears in the required situation. This way they reduced the number of keys on the phone while keeping the functionality intact. You can ask someone who owns the phone about it or download the pdf version of its user guide (if its available) to confirm.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I downloaded the pdf already,it doesn't say anything about the edit key.
Also none of my friend own a 5700. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom