Mobile buying Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I am planning to buy Nokia 5700 in Diwali.I have a few doubts in my mind.Plz help me clear them. :)

1)The processor of 5700 has clock speed of 369mhz.I have heard on the net that it is lower some 300~330Mhz.Which is correct?

2)How much is the inbuilt ram? I am confused whether it is 64MB or 18MB?

3)I will be using Nokia 5700 mostly for Net browsing. Plz let me know does opera mini, morange, opera mobile etc work perfectly on this phone. I will be using Airtel NOP.(My current nokia 3230 does not run opera mini,morange,mig33. :) )

4)How is the camera of Nokia 5700.I have heard it is worst in low light. How can we improve it? Some hack or so would help.

5)Where can I get the best deal in Mumbai. I stay in Dadar(west).I want the whole phone within Rs.12K,preferably with a 2GB card. 1GB would also suffice.

6)Any other phones to consider?I have a budget of Rs.12K(maximum).I am looking SE W810i,Moto Rokr. It should provide good browsing & chatting experience. Music should be good.(I ain’t looking for audiophile’s grade).It should have a good Camera.

7)I have heard that SE W810i incorporates camera of SE K750i.Is this true?

8)Plz mention a few sites to modify SE phones. This will be helpful if I take W810i.

Please help me make the correct decision as I will be using this phone for a long time. :)
Also keep checking this thread. If I have further doubts then I will let u know.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I would suggest you go for 5700 as then the whole world of Symbian softwares will open up for you.
Opera Mini, Morange, Opera Mobile will all work excellently, along with which, you will also get the S60v3 broswer, which is arguably one of the best browsers right now.

Camera is only 2MP which is not anything great, but will give satisfactory pics. I am not aware of its Low Light capabilities.

Inbuilt RAM free after boot wont be more than 20MB. It has 64MB RAM, but the OS uses up most of it. 20MB is enough for daily usage.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Cool G5 said:
1)The processor of 5700 has clock speed of 369mhz.I have heard on the net that it is lower some 300~330Mhz.Which is correct?
Its an ARM11 369mhz 32bit RISC proc.

Cool G5 said:
2)How much is the inbuilt ram? I am confused whether it is 64MB or 18MB?
It has 64MB of RAM.

Cool G5 said:
3)I will be using Nokia 5700 mostly for Net browsing. Plz let me know does opera mini, morange, opera mobile etc work perfectly on this phone. I will be using Airtel NOP.(My current nokia 3230 does not run opera mini,morange,mig33. :) )
Since the main use will be net browsing I'd suggest you to go in for Symbian S60 based phone. 5700 is a good choice. The Symbian version of Opera is much better than its java counterpart. And there is no dearth of symbian s60 apps!

Cool G5 said:
4)How is the camera of Nokia 5700.I have heard it is worst in low light. How can we improve it? Some hack or so would help.
Lowlight shots are bad and there is nothing you can do about it. But for normal usage and in daylight the camera produces decent photos.

Cool G5 said:
6)Any other phones to consider?I have a budget of Rs.12K(maximum).I am looking SE W810i,Moto Rokr. It should provide good browsing & chatting experience. Music should be good.(I ain’t looking for audiophile’s grade).It should have a good Camera.
Both Moto Rokr E6 and SE W810i are great phones. You can also consider SE W610i. E6 has an edge over W810i as it runs Linux and is very much customisable in the software dept. whereas W810i/W610i haf a lot of hacks to unlock the hardware to its full potential. Among all the phones you've considered W810i/W610i haf the best music and camera capabilities. They come with a headset better than all those phones out of the box. Where they lack is on the proprietory OS front.

Cool G5 said:
7)I have heard that SE W810i incorporates camera of SE K750i.Is this true?
Its more or less the same cam, the best in the category.

Cool G5 said:
8)Plz mention a few sites to modify SE phones. This will be helpful if I take W810i.
se-nse.net, esato.com, lasky.net.... the list goes on...

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Which phone has better camera?5700 or w810i?My secondary use will be photography.

azzu

AJJU
ok so here's ur thread Guarav
1 question y didnt ur 3230 run opera i hav 3230 running opera mobile perfectly on it

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
se w810i is the best 2 mp cam phone

also the best music phone..

for modding se phone.. there are many

but this is where it all begins...

*forums.se-nse.net

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
Same here I have Nokia 3230 for 2 years now...and I am really fed up with this phone....

So I am planning to switch to Sony Ericsson.......mostly W810i...

So, SE users pls give me your views/exp.

I have budget of 10K. And mainly looking phone for MUSIC.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
pathiks said:
the cam of w810i is definitely better than 5700... but overall 5700 takes the crown..
The only reason I'd recommened Nokia 5700 is coz of Symbian S60 OS. Thats the only place where it scores over W810i/W610i, apart from 3G. If you can sacrifice that then go in for W810i. If you need A2DP then get W610i. SE Phones are Modders' delight!

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ thats cos u dont need to mod the fones in symbian fones... we hav enuf softwares to play with.. :p
also the screen reso and colors of 5700 are better than w810i...

K

krazyfrog

Yup no doubt 5700 is better than W810i. It has bigger, higher res 24-bit display, stereo speakers, higher resolution video recording, A2DP, 3G, headset with remote control, etc. Plus it has a much better web browser. Add the fact the its a smartphone and can support symbian as well as java app and games. Also there's a limit to which you can mod a SE phone. You can't for example make it open/edit office documents, or browse web better or read pdfs, etc.

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
Got Sony Ericsson W810i for 10,200/-

Will get my hands on it and let u know..............

By the way I want to sale Nokia 3230 (Ahmedabad), so anyone interested, pls quote ur price.... :)

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
azzu said:
ok so here's ur thread Guarav
1 question y didnt ur 3230 run opera i hav 3230 running opera mobile perfectly on it

Whenever i run opera mini,it fails in network setup.
And Opera mobile 8.65 gives XML parsing error for most sites(Thinkdigit forum,nokia,opera forums & more).

What's the use if u can only view 2/10 sites on a google search page.
That's why i hate it. :x

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
pathiks said:
^^ thats cos u dont need to mod the fones in symbian fones... we hav enuf softwares to play with..

krazyfrog said:
Also there's a limit to which you can mod a SE phone. You can't for example make it open/edit office documents, or browse web better or read pdfs, etc.
I'm not talking about the software here.

And there is no dearth of Symbian S60 software :)

azzu

AJJU
"What's the use if u can only view 2/10 sites on a google search page.
That's why i hate it."
i can view every site on my opera even i can log in to yahoo and check my mail
there must be sum proble with ur mobile

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Pathiks-I have tried opera mini,ebuddy on mobile office & they worked flawlessly.I think 3230 has some probs with nop.Do you guys are damn sure 5700 opera mobile will not give prob on nop.I will use 5700 on nop mumbai.

Pathik

Google Bot
NOP is very unstable... works wit some fones and doesnt work wit the others...
AFAIK NOP works good with all edge enabled s60 fones good... but u shd confirm it urself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom