Mobile below 10k

Charley

Just Do It
1. I am looking for good brands[Nokia/SE/LG] with all features and solid OS, with good battery.

2. Is it better to buy from online sites or shops ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
just check these 2 mobiles: Sony Tipo or Sony Ericcson Xperia Mini. Mini have excellent battery life but small display (not a problem, have used it) & low internal memory. Tipo have more internal memory and slightly bigger display but camera performance is disappointing.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Will check.

Which sites can I buy them with coupons ?

just check these 2 mobiles: Sony Tipo or Sony Ericcson Xperia Mini. Mini have excellent battery life but small display (not a problem, have used it) & low internal memory. Tipo have more internal memory and slightly bigger display but camera performance is disappointing.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
For Xperia Mini, try Homeshop18 & Saholic. you can use coupon in HS18 but may loose the COD option. no idea about Saholic. never bought anything from there.
For Tipo, try Adexmart or Infibeam. You can use code in both but most available codes are invalid. Still price is much lower than flipkart or HS18.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
For Xperia Mini, try Homeshop18 & Saholic. you can use coupon in HS18 but may loose the COD option. no idea about Saholic. never bought anything from there.

I don't see it on HS18, only Mini Pro is there. Most shops I called said it's not available.

What is the difference in the OS between Tipo and Mini ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
all 2nd gen Xperia mobiles are discontinued by Sony. Xperia Mini being one of them, so go though the Mobile Guide. Click on Xperia Mini, that will take you to 91mobiles. from there check where Xperia Mini is available.

Both are same, Xperia Mini has Android 4.0 but with 4 corner UI which makes using the mobile really easy even though screen is only 3". Tipo has Xperia S styled UI with icons at the dock.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
so go though the Mobile Guide. Click on Xperia Mini, that will take you to 91mobiles. from there check where Xperia Mini is available.

Please explain this further, I didn't understand. Should I search this on google ?

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Thanks for this info. :)

I haven't heard about Maniac Store, they have it, but they provide only seller warranty :(

Xperia Mini. Visit all the listed online portals. Most will have Xperia Mini out of stock.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
looks like everyone has ran out of Xperia Mini stock. If you can wait, Homeshop18 sometimes offer 12-13k mobile at 9999 in super deals but these deals are random and mayn't include android mobile at all. keep an eye on whats available superdeals. Else grab Tipo. Lastly you can also check Huawei G300 as it is slightly better than Tipo with bigger display and higher resolution.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ok :)

What is the difference between Xperia x10 Mini and Xperia Mini ?

X10 mini was a crap mobile. 1st gen Xperia mobile but badly underpowered & buggy Android. Xperia mini is lot better with same processor as Xperia Arc but now discontinued.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
So I checked this one and it's not available anywhere.

Should I wait for Mini Pro price to come down, as all the features are the same as Mini ?

Also, if I wait till Diwali, will I be able to get any good phones for less than 10 k ?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HTC: won't be releasing any lowend mobile so if Desire C gets a slight pricecut it'll fall in sub 10k price.
LG: already released the Optimus L5 with a 4" screen with HVGA resolution.
Samsung: maybe Y's successor but with QVGA display again.
Motorola: backed out so no new release in Asia.
Sony: Xperia J coming soon but will be priced higher than Miro.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yup. though the processor support HD video recording but manufacturer didn't implement this in the camera sensor. maybe possible using some hack but can't say. Your last bet is Live with Walkman. Once it is gone, get ready for a flood of Cortex A5 based mobiles.

ajaymailed

In the zone
LWW & Xperia Mini have strongest hardware, camera of all in this price range. 1 Ghz Proc, Adreno 205, 512 MB RAM, 5 MP/720P Video. LWW also got Front VGA. If only they had few inches bigger screen, they would have ousted all the competitors by now. Indian Cos are fitting gigantic 4 to 5 inch screens with hardware that are only as good as LWW. The only reason one has to look at them or Desire C, Ace, Miro is because they have bigger screens.

Why Sony has tendency to ruin great package is something of a mystery to me. Xperia Minis small screen, Xperia U 4 GB storage, Xperia P 1304 mAH battery. They have to learn from Samsung about how to pack the right hardware into the right size and into the right price. Galaxy Ace, S, S2 are some gr8 examples afaik.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
today i had a long conversation with a friend of mine. the topic was the SOC being used in current android. earlier it was ARM11 (optimus net, wildfire s, galaxy ace) under 15k, ARM Cortex A8 (defy plus, optimus black)/Qualcomm Scorpion (whole Xperia lineup, desire s, incredible s) in the 15-20k and above that was the dual core version of A8 & scorpion or recently A9 (atrix2, Xperia U/Sola/Go, etc). Cortex A5 was developed with the intent of replacing the ageing ARM11 but it ended up replacing ARM11, Cortex A8 and everyone's favorite Qualcomm Scorpion also. Now if you look at the market, specially in 15-20k section: Galaxy S Duos, Desire V, Optimus L9, Desire X, Xperia J all these pack the slow Cortex A5 based processor. If that was not sufficient, GPU is Adreno 200 i.e. from Adreno 205 we are going back to Adreno 200. It fees like a joke, why will anyone go back to slow hardware when they can afford decently fast ones. 10-15k section is overflowing with all sort of crap mobiles packing big screen but equally poor internals. It feels really strange why manufacturers are taking this kind of move dropping such poor hardware at 15-20k. I'll buy a 2yr old Galaxy S instead of hypercrap mobiles like L7 & Xperia J.

ajay is absolutely right. Xperia Mini, LWW pack strong hardware (not equal to Xperia U though) for their price. Best joke is definitely Optimus L7, Galaxy S Duos & Xperia J. They pack WVGA/WXVGA resolution with Adreno 200. It'll be fun to play games like NFS Most Wanted or Dead Space at 2-3FPS. Actually this will help future buyers who have the mentality of "1Ghz processor is best" when their 1Ghz processor based mobiles start to fail.

Top Bottom