Mobile(Android) under 24k

Puneet247

Broken In
Was seeing xperia zl 23.9k at indiatimes but it went out of stock when I went to order :-x (Any coupon code or time to wait for its price to come down on snapdeal or at others)
Can any one here comment on battery life and camera of Nexus 4( on kitkat ) ..(Reviews are not so true about battery)
If u have any other mobile in mind (not s3 please) please share..
Thanks

Get Xperia ZL @ 24k from here with manufacturer warranty. You can trust eBay, don't worry........
Sony Xperia ZL Mobile Phone - DOW | eBay

I think ZL would be a better choice than ZL as:
- Approx same size as N4 in terms of dimensions(a bit smaller in length but a bit more wide than N4) but packs a 5" screen, that too 1080p(Screen quality is better too)
- Same specs as N4, would get KK soon. Will get 4.3 this month. There are no major changes in 4.3 & 4.4.
- Expandable storage
- Better battery life(expect an hour more screen on time than N4)
- Better front & rear camera

Hrishi

I am having a better version of the so called nexus 4 . A more refined @optimus g at&t.
As being a OG user , I would say that camera of Nexus 4/OG is quite average.
Have no expectation from the camera at all. It only manages to snap acceptable pics , not remarkable or good ones.

As far as battery is concerned , it packs a better technology but on one full charge , it only manages a full day with 2hrs of call , 3-4hrs music playback , 30-40mins of browsing , 30-40mins video playback , 25-30mins of gaming.

Hrishi

^ I doubt OP will prefer Phones without Warranty.

Nope , I didn't intend to suggest him the E970. I was just giving him a rough idea about how Nexus 4's battery and camera are , since I have something similar to it , but it's just that it's a bit more refined.

PS : I wouldn't suggest Nexus 4 to OP . It has limited memory , and no support for direct USB OTG , along with poor camera and highly vulnerable design. Only reason to get a N4 would be for timely updates and raw power.
But if OP can afford a phone w/o Indian warranty then Optimus G AT&T is a times better and unbeatable choice . One can get a new OGE970 at less than 20k in Ebay.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
N4's battry will rock only on custom kernel[Specially on Hells Core :cool:].. on stock kinda avg... Cam is avg...
Get ZR... :-D

You van get ZR & ZL with warranty from eBay, which are the two best phones for the price but ZL is better, it just doesn't have waterproofing

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
but ZR is 4.5 inch 720p screen where ZL is 5 inch 1080p screen ...

yeah but battery life also matters... anyways both ZR & ZL screens are TFT panels with low contrast & bad viewing angles. Sony just started using IPS panels [Z1 mini] good move.

And 720 p vs 1080p n simply can't spot that much difference on a mobile screen. so it's just marketing term.. hype..

Hrishi

1080p resolution screen over 720p , only causes more battery consumption and need for higher processing package for the sake of barely noticeable extra clarity that you probably don't need.
As long as the pixel density is greater than 300ppi , and it's not a pentile matrix display, it should be fine.

If you don't get this generalization and still feel that 1080p is a necessity , then consider those upcoming phones with 2k displays . (Samsung Galaxy S5 it is , right ? ).

Manufacturers are basically trying to outweigh each other , in the hardware race. It's not bad , but the hardware has reached it's limit to the point where it really doesn't matter.
They should spend more on optimization rather than brute-forcing the hardware demand. Maybe this is evolving slowly.

Last edited:
yeah but battery life also matters... anyways both ZR & ZL screens are TFT panels with low contrast & bad viewing angles. Sony just started using IPS panels [Z1 mini] good move.

And 720 p vs 1080p n simply can't spot that much difference on a mobile screen. so it's just marketing term.. hype..
I've not seen ZR or ZL but Xperia Z has noticably better screen than Nexus 4........so its good. Also in reviews its given that ZR doesn't have so great 720p screen(Optimus G has better one, talking about international version)

But ZR has a great battery life compared to ZL(which would give 6hr max of screen on time, if used in somewhat low brightness)
Overall its your choice......... bigger, better screen or water proof phone with great battery life

Hrishi

I've not seen ZR or ZL but Xperia Z has noticably better screen than Nexus 4........so its good. Also in reviews its given that ZR doesn't have so great 720p screen(Optimus G has better one, talking about international version)

But ZR has a great battery life compared to ZL(which would give 6hr max of screen on time, if used in somewhat low brightness)
Overall its your choice......... bigger, better screen or water proof phone with great battery life
How's your Nexus 4 display quality after applying the color fix ?? Have you tried the display patch imported from the settings of Optimus G ? I have read people saying that nexus 4's display colors are not calibrated properly.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
How's your Nexus 4 display quality after applying the color fix ?? Have you tried the display patch imported from the settings of Optimus G ? I have read people saying that nexus 4's display colors are not calibrated properly.

I am using obscenity Amoled rgb settings and colors are super sharp popping and vibrant...

RohanM

Cyborg Agent

I have compared my friends Z with our N4 and found better contrast and viewing angles on Nexus 4....

randomuser111

Technomancer
Dear Rohan, kindly go and read the Wikipedia page on TFT.

Thin-film-transistor liquid-crystal display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TFT is NOT a screen type. All LCDs - TN, VA, IPS ( major LCD panel types) use TFT technology. So ALL LCD panels are TFT LCD panels

ZR and ZL use VA panels. :)

TN is the lowest quality panel used on low/mid range laptops and low end/3D desktop monitors. TN panels have very poor viewing angles and are the worst panel type among the three.

VA and IPS are on the same level with advantages/disadvantages of their own. VA panels have faster response times, much better native black levels and much higher native contrast but do not have as good viewing angles as IPS

IPS panels have only slightly higher contrast compared to TN panels (1000-2000 range max ) and thus lighter black levels and have slower response time compared to VA. On the upside it has better colors on average and better viewing angles compared to VA.

Sadly when it comes to phones or specifically VA LCD application on Sony Xperia line up, only the disadvantages of VA are seen and none of the advantages.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yaah battery consumption is more in ZL ....but that doesnt stop anybody from buying N5 or S4 or G2 ....all high end have FHD+5 inch
N5 =2300 :D :D
G2 5.2 inch=3000
S4 = 2600
ZL = 2370

And viewing angle is 100% personal choice ....I dont want somebody to view my huge 5 inch screen from far off ....I have always thought mobile as personal belonging and its better that only I can view it. ...and its fine on ZL till 45-135 degree ...donno y somebody wants it to view from 170 degree :D

Top Bottom