Mob + Proccy + Ram Combo Req

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
LGA 1155 allows you to migrate to Ivy Bridge right? and BD requires AM3+ and New Format MBs.

AMD & Intel switching rolls?

Also one more small Query: If I go for i5 2500K and only intend to OC CPU and not the Intel 3000 gfx as I already have a GTS 250 which will be best mobo to do it. I intend to OC it to modest 4.0 GHz though it can go way above that. Also for that much Air Cooling and Stock Voltage will be unchanged?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
LGA 1155 allows you to migrate to Ivy Bridge right? and BD requires AM3+ and New Format MBs.

if they hadn't, INTEL would have got loads of HATE mail.

And some motherboards are compatible with Bulldozer CPUs, you can google for a list I think.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Also one more small Query: If I go for i5 2500K and only intend to OC CPU and not the Intel 3000 gfx as I already have a GTS 250 which will be best mobo to do it. I intend to OC it to modest 4.0 GHz though it can go way above that. Also for that much Air Cooling and Stock Voltage will be unchanged?

Depends on ur budget...

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Newegg.com - MSI P67A-GD55 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

It says $155 = Rs.7500 and add 10% expensive in india = 8.4k odd.

But I am not able to find it so far in Itwares or itdepot.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Newegg.com - MSI P67A-GD55 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

It says $155 = Rs.7500 and add 10% expensive in india = 8.4k odd.

But I am not able to find it so far in Itwares or itdepot.

Its avail for 9.4K

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
What is advantage of quick Sync? Didnt understand.

and whats cheapest model available that will let me OC. I hate spending too much on Mobos. Actually only used sub 5k range mobos till now

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Well Looking at the prices I decided to hold till Diwali. By that time BD would have been hopefully launched and may be pushing i Core range Proccy prices down if not beat them in performance.. i5 2500k+ Good mobo is going like 22k+. Too much expensive to bet on :$

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
What is advantage of quick Sync? Didnt understand.

and whats cheapest model available that will let me OC. I hate spending too much on Mobos. Actually only used sub 5k range mobos till now

quick sync will make ULTRA FAST VIDEO CONVERSION possible (when using appropriate software I think).

It's a must for video encoding junkies. Otherwise you can pass, the CPU is fast enough for occasional use.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
In case BD fails on me or keeps on getting Delayed till my 2yr old son grows old enough to buy him his own rig :p I was just looking at the AMD alternatives available.
970 BE+ Mobo with CFX Support with 880G better chipsets is setting me back by 8.4k+5k = 13.4 k
On the Other Hand i5 2500k with a good Z68 Mobo will be setting me back by atleast 22K.

and my prime aim is gaming then the addition 9k I am spending can be used 6850.

So given an option between below 2 setts what you will guys prefer.

1. Phenom X4 970 BE + HD 6850
2. i5 2500K + GTS 250

Which will be giving me better Gaming Performance? and make me play at Full HD with good frame rates if I upgrade by Monitor in next couple of years.? As I play only RTS Gaming they are always less intensive than FPS.

Sorry for being impatient :D

MegaMind

Human Spambot
In case BD fails on me or keeps on getting Delayed till my 2yr old son grows old enough to buy him his own rig :p I was just looking at the AMD alternatives available.
970 BE+ Mobo with CFX Support with 880G better chipsets is setting me back by 8.4k+5k = 13.4 k
On the Other Hand i5 2500k with a good Z68 Mobo will be setting me back by atleast 22K.

and my prime aim is gaming then the addition 9k I am spending can be used 6850.

So given an option between below 2 setts what you will guys prefer.

1. Phenom X4 970 BE + HD 6850
2. i5 2500K + GTS 250

I suggest u to take i5 2400 + H67 - 14K in that case...

For gaming i5 2400 is a clear winner over 970 BE

phenom ii 970 vs i5 2400

Top Bottom