Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, I'm a filthy NRI I want other Indians to be poor

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Dude money is also a resource. Money gets divided between the population. If there were less people each single individual will get more money automatically. You cannot print more currency because it leads to other problems like inflation.

ofcourse, no one is arguing that is not true..
but the fact that people are suggesting solutions like suicide, natural disasters, and govt controlling no. of children you have is totally messed up.. It feels like a dyastopian alternate universe future ****

The govt should not control the no. of children a family can have.. people should instead be made aware of the advantages of having less no. of children.. Imposing a govt rule like that will turn India into a North Korea

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
but the fact that people are suggesting solutions like suicide, natural disasters, and govt controlling no. of children you have is totally messed up.. It feels like a dyastopian alternate universe future ****

The govt should not control the no. of children a family can have.. people should instead be made aware of the advantages of having less no. of children.. Imposing a govt rule like that will turn India into a North Korea

I didn't suggest killing people. I suggested India should do what Japan does. Anime and video games instead of Bollywood and Saas Bahu serials. :lol:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I didn't suggest killing people. I suggested India should do what Japan does. Anime and video games instead of Bollywood and Saas Bahu serials. :lol:

aye man, cant argue with that lol
but that requires changing the standard mentality of people in our country.. here people consider anime and video games to be children's activity, if a 20+ year old guy is seen playing video games by parents/non gamer colleagues, they are pretty much ridiculed for wasting time in childish activities..
Perhaps the next generation of parents, (i.e. yours and mine) will understand

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah, India need Natural Disasters like Super Volcanoes, Earthquakes with scale reading of 9 and above followed by tsunamis etc. once in a week to reduce the population.

Too dramatic. I'd take strict policies.

- - - Updated - - -

seriously guys this is wack
you want the government to dictate how many children people have and large scale disasters just because you cannot afford a smartphone?

make the process online and transparent. Remove reservations, and give financial support based on merit. there are whole bunch of solutions other than government micromanagement of the gene pool and supervolcanoes.

the problem is really that Indians are corrupt to the core.

You think we care about smart phones that much? With my current salary track I'd never be able to buy an apartment in my city. As my salary increases so will inflation and price of property. You brought up smart phone. We didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude money is also a resource. Money gets divided between the population. If there were less people each single individual will get more money automatically. You cannot print more currency because it leads to other problems like inflation.

This. People fail to understand this. Resource is constant. If we want to improve the lifestyle of everyone here we'll run out of resources pretty fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. And all Indians are rational who'll understand the reasoning perfectly. And of course we'll free ourselves from religion as well.

Fancy living in wonderland.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes. And all Indians are rational who'll understand the reasoning perfectly. And of course we'll free ourselves from religion as well.

Fancy living in wonderland.

That is why I said, maybe OUR generation when we become parents, we will find a solution to this problem

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
That is why I said, maybe OUR generation when we become parents, we will find a solution to this problem

I don't think anyone of us who is on a tech forum is a problem to the population of India. The problem exists due to the khandani villagers. Who is going to educate them?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I don't think anyone of us who is on a tech forum is a problem to the population of India. The problem exists due to the khandani villagers. Who is going to educate them?

It is not only the 'khandani villagers' that need education and education by itself is not solution enough for existing problems.

Those villagers numbers are coming down very fast, not by suicides, but because of migration to cities for better paying labours. Instead, they get cheated and exploited. Very soon farming is going to be a very expensive venture only the haves can involve in, while the have nots will go bankrupt unable to pay loans. The people who are running US of A are now coming to India. With very large wallets. And they are going to make India another haven for capitalism (in the name of globalisation). Agriculture in USA is of industrial scale. There are small farmers too, but there livelihood is a daily struggle.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^
well, these population control policies are also going to disproportionately affect the have nots

approach it as a wealth distribution problem instead of a population problem

vito scalleta

In the zone
We shouldnt go as far as to support deaths . But population control needs to to be taken up seriously by the government.
government needs to publicly educate people about contraceptives and birth control. We have to do away with "Sex doesnt exist in India" attitude at once and be open minded for the sake of our next generation.
If we manage to reduce unplanned pregnancies as much as possible then the rate of rise of population will definitely see a large decline.

P.s. I think Natural Disasters will cause more damage than population explosion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^that is education
it does not matter whether there are 10 people or 10 crore people, as long as only a marginal fraction of the population can buy tv/smartphone in one month salary

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If you take child births into consideration for population explosion then normally Hindus have 2 children on average where as Muslims have 3-4 children on average.

Why cannot the Indian Government control Muslim population is I cannot understand.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^ok, so that seems to be a perfectly reasonable and sensible measure
how to get that done?
We have to register all muslims capable of childbearing, and prevent them from producing too many children.
I like the idea. We should also allow for sex selection during the human making process, and allow for all couples in their first marriage in India to have exactly one male and one female child as is auspicious according to Hindu tradition.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
how to get that done?
We have to register all muslims capable of childbearing, and prevent them from producing too many children.
I like the idea. We should also allow for sex selection during the human making process, and allow for all couples in their first marriage in India to have exactly one male and one female child as is auspicious according to Hindu tradition.
Lol :D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^hey wait, there is just one caveat, husband and wives who are virgin before they conceive exactly one male and one female child. Now all problems are sorted. Everyone, just do this.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
how to get that done?

Trolling or serious??? :mrgreen::lol::lol::lol:

vito scalleta

In the zone
^that is education
it does not matter whether there are 10 people or 10 crore people, as long as only a marginal fraction of the population can buy tv/smartphone in one month salary

i think it does matter if it is 10 people or 10 crore people. if 10% of people can afford the things u speak of then in the place where there 10 people only 9 are cant afford them. but if there are 10 crore people then there 9 crore people cant afford those things.

not a realistic comparison i know. but isnt less number of people suffering a better thing ?

also u have to take into account the available natural resources ( mainly land and water) of the country. Higher population will lead to those natural resources getting used up too quickly which in turn leads to increased expenditure for basic survival. in that scenario the people will be ready to work for a lesser pay than before just to keep their family fed.

tkin

Back to school!!
^
well, these population control policies are also going to disproportionately affect the have nots

approach it as a wealth distribution problem instead of a population problem

You are treading into communism. Wealth distribution can only be tackled like that. I think you won't be happy if someone comes and takes your money away to give to the poor so that they can raise 3+ children.

- - - Updated - - -

We shouldnt go as far as to support deaths . But population control needs to to be taken up seriously by the government.
government needs to publicly educate people about contraceptives and birth control. We have to do away with "Sex doesnt exist in India" attitude at once and be open minded for the sake of our next generation.
If we manage to reduce unplanned pregnancies as much as possible then the rate of rise of population will definitely see a large decline.

P.s. I think Natural Disasters will cause more damage than population explosion

You think sexual education makes any difference? Look at USA. They tried to tackle the problem. Now they have more teenage pregnancy than ever. Nothing will slow down these people who pop out 3/5 children. They think that they cannot take care of even one of them. What would it matter if they have five. Nothing to lose. Only way they will stop if they have something to lose. This is India. People here understand profit loss very well. That's the way we need to deal with this problem.

- - - Updated - - -

If you take child births into consideration for population explosion then normally Hindus have 2 children on average where as Muslims have 3-4 children on average.

Why cannot the Indian Government control Muslim population is I cannot understand.

Irrelevant. We need to deal with problem on both sides. All couples should be forced to have maximum of two children. Else take away their rights for govt job etc.

- - - Updated - - -

i think it does matter if it is 10 people or 10 crore people. if 10% of people can afford the things u speak of then in the place where there 10 people only 9 are cant afford them. but if there are 10 crore people then there 9 crore people cant afford those things.

not a realistic comparison i know. but isnt less number of people suffering a better thing ?

also u have to take into account the available natural resources ( mainly land and water) of the country. Higher population will lead to those natural resources getting used up too quickly which in turn leads to increased expenditure for basic survival. in that scenario the people will be ready to work for a lesser pay than before just to keep their family fed.

People in India who are well fed and rich have this bleeding heart that distorts their views. They are full of compassion (only vocal btw) and they think any problem can be sorted by education. They think that we shouldn't tackle the problem of people having lots of children by force but rather by education. But then realistically nothing works out and they are back to square one.

Piyush

Lanaya
We cant go like China or Japan for population growth.

Its simple, add tax per child if a family has more than 2 children. An Indian starts to think only when money is involved.

tkin

Back to school!!
We cant go like China or Japan for population growth.

Its simple, add tax per child if a family has more than 2 children. An Indian starts to think only when money is involved.
Exactly. But one cannot add tax as the bleeding hearts will scream their lungs out. Instead deprive them of Govt job, any kind of benefits(PMJJBY etc) then they will listen.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Exactly. But one cannot add tax as the bleeding hearts will scream their lungs out. Instead deprive them of Govt job, any kind of benefits(PMJJBY etc) then they will listen.

For the effect to be two fold for controlling population there should be depreviation of Govt. Jobs + any Govt. benefits & a compound tax(more than 2 children -4k where as more than 3 children -6k) which will bleed their hearts out.

Top Bottom