mini-ITX System: Where to find Cabinets & PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow2get

In the zone
I have been planning to build a system just for Web-Browsing & normal video playback (DVD, DivX/XviD) for my parents. So, thought of building it using a mini-ITX based motherboard due to the small size, less power consumption & space required for the cabinet. I haven't yet inquired about where I would be able to find mini-ITX based Cabinets & PSU for it. I did some research on the PSU & this is what I found:

Our reasoning for not using a larger ATX power supply was twofold:
1. Our results would be increased by at least 10W to 15W simply because of the inefficiencies of the ATX PSU at such a low current.
2. The large majority of Mini-ITX cases do not use ATX PSUs at all - they use AC Adapters and DC Converters, which are designed to efficiently deliver small amounts of power.
If any of you guys know where you could find in Bangalore (or elsewhere), do reply. Also any suggestions for the config are welcome.

You can have a look at mini-ITX based reviews from the link below.
Reviews of 5 mini-ITX based motherboards

FYI, this is the system config :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard: (any one of these)
Intel D945GCLF (with Intel Atom 1.6GHz processor) -> Rs. 3000
Intel D945GCLF2 (with Intel Atom 1.6GHz Dual Core processor) -> ~Rs. 4000
Intel DG45FC (G45 Chipset & processor support: Celeron/Dual Core/Xeon/Core 2 Duo ) -> ~Rs. 5500

Processor for IntelDG45FC: Not decided

RAM:
Transcend/Kingston/Corsair 1 x 2GB DDR2 667MHz - Rs. 2000

HDD:
320GB SATA Desktop HDD - Rs. 2600
160GB SATA Laptop HDD - Rs. 2600

Mouse/Keyboard Combo:
Logitech/Microsoft - Rs. 650

Optical Drive:
Sony DVD Writer - Rs. 1200

Cabinet & PSU: ???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a look at the Zebronics mini-ITX Cabinet & it looked real BAD. :mad:. Not going for that one. I dunno if Intel D945GCLF2 has arrived in India yet. But will wait till it arrives if going for it.

I have thought of this combination: Intel D945GCLF2 + 2GB Corsair + 160GB SATA Laptop HDD + Rest.
Total budget of about 10-12k. Can go for a much lesser HDD if needed. I do have a spare 17" CRT Flat monitor for the display. :)

FYI, I am planning to buy the system next week. So, do give in your suggestions & views.

Last edited:
I

ipodz

i also like zeb chotu encloser.
chotu has a limitation u can put either hdd or slim dvd writer. i think it should have place for 2.5" hdd and a dvd rw

i would like to know the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom