Microsoft's iPod Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Here's the Zune ..... dubbed as Microsoft's iPod Killer ..... got to admit the looks are not as sexy as that of the iPod but u never know what the final product is......

*techepics.com/files/zunesirius.jpg *images.dailytech.com/nimage/2088_2062_2042_argo.jpg

Source

More information is slowly leaking out on Microsoft's upcoming Zune portable media player (PMP). ZuneNation is reporting that the domain name ZuneLive.com was registered back on May 24, 2006. While this initial finding didn't raise many flags, the domain was registered to a man named Jack Spurr. After doing a bit more digging, they found out that Mr. Spurr has previously registered MicrosoftGadgets.com which is an official Microsoft site that provides gadgets for the Windows Vista Sidebar and Windows SideShow.

So we have an idea of what the final product may look like, we’ve received word on its wireless capabilities, we know that Microsoft is chatting with iPod accessory makers and we now know that Microsoft has some sort of "Live"-esque service waiting in the wings for Zune. The only question is how this service may tie into Microsoft’s Live Anywhere or XBOX Live service.

Source

Last edited:

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
It looks good! But, if it needs to sell, it needs to have features that the iPod doesnt have such as, an inbuilt radio, voice recorder etc.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
nik for you there is speculation that apple is teaming up with some1 to introduce an apple ipod cell phone ,..... which is a cell phone with features like the ipod ..... that is what i am eagerly waiting for (its just speculation)

nagarjun_424 there is speculation abt the zune that it will supoort a lot of wireless compatibility ..... a feature that ipod lacks

knight17

In the zone
it looks good...Microsoft strike back?????

It looks good...IMO better than ipod.
But the softwares interface needs a face lift it looks like windows mobile edition
Microsoft Strikes back ???

[EDIT]

:p NO IPOD KILLER SOON OR IT IS A HOAX:arrow:

Last edited:

damnthenet

Journeyman
Microsoft and high cost are almost synonymous and so despite its vantages, its tough for MS to KILL IPOD usage. Hope it becomes a serious competitor and well, then, we the users have the edge.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
I agree with the deconstructionist - Noone knows better about ipods than APPLE. Microsoft is good with OS and OS products. As its proved, Microsoft like to jump in every field there is in the market and wants to be No. 1 on everything.

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
Don't think this will even compete 'em. Apple is old payer of iPod they know it better than anyone else. Microsoft is unnecessarly puting his nose in every field they first jumped on gaming field and lauched X-Box but couldn't beat Playstaion It still rules. Then they launched Microsoft watches they got failed in this field too. And now they are trying on iPod! Just a matter of time when Apple will kick in their butt;) They are only best at Windows they shouldn't try somthing else or some day some one will beat 'em in this field too.:cool:

Enjoy

Georgy_Can

Broken In
Hey guys,

Whatever they do?????I mean it!!
Mp3 players are registered for Life with Apple.(i have white nano 2gb)

This looks cool but remember the slim and glossy white nano...

Nothing beats it..And there are millions of Ipod fans!!!

Nobody can beat Apple When it comes to Ipod.....I mean Apple is known for Ipod more than their mac pc's.Though they rae also not bad..

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the market is becoming very interesting with walkman series of sony ericson, ipod, zune and also the rumour about ipod cell fone .... a lot of options for us .... only time will tell who survives .... apple made the first move, MS is catching up ..... lets see what the future holds ..... remember zune has wi-fi ..... guess what ..... MS has also made a feature by which u can share data between the xbox 360 and zune ..... guys u r cursing MS but i think zune is gonna shake the market big time .... looks is 40% features is 60%

Last edited:

knight17

In the zone
Georgy_Can said:
Whatever they do?????I mean it!!
Mp3 players are registered for Life with Apple.(i have white nano 2gb)
Once computers were registerd to Apple.Everyone know the current situation

princeheart said:
Microsoft like to jump in every field there is in the market and wants to be No. 1 on everything.
Yes,they do only then they can maintain the profit ratio they are enjoyin.its business
Noone knows better about ipods than APPLE

IMO there are many players like Creative and Sony whose products are really good..but apple has caught the market earlier.A music player is not like a software,apple is just designing it some hardware firms in taiwan or china is making it(i think it is Asus).

Some new advancements
*gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/zune-news-trifecta-189116.php

A picture suspected to be Zune

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i think MS policy of allowing u to connect everything is something 1 will really want ..... xbox-pc-zune-live music .... evrything together ....

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
brave hunt said:
Microsoft is unnecessarly puting his nose in every field they first jumped on gaming field and lauched X-Box but couldn't beat Playstaion.

pathiks said:
all i can say is KEEP DREAMING MS.. :))

thats what ppl said when they launched Xbox (sony is the king , MS can dream) , now its just their second console and 5 yrs experience in console market 'much lesser' than sony/nintendo , and they are killing the rivals with the new console , even if the condition changes with the release of PS3/Wii still MS would have done too much damage to the Sony dominated market . never underestimate MS .

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
mail2and said:
The difference.

"Hey buddy, this is my iPod"

"Hey buddy, this is my Zune". My what?
who knew what the hell an iPod meant 2 years ago .... it seemed lika a Nasa heli pod ... or something from speilberg's movie - i pod , i-robot wtf

anispace

dattebayo
a little competition doesnt kill.. lets see what Microsoft has in store for us.Anyways ipods r just overrated.Surely they look good but lack many features which Sony and creative and others offer for a much lesser price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom