Microsoft: Vista piracy rate is half that of XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Person pirates Vista thinking it is something amazing. Then finds that it sucks and goes back to XP.
Person buys Vista thinking that it is something amazing. He has to use it cause he has spent so much on it

Therefore: More Vista users are using genuine Windows.

Vista is not more difficult than XP to pirate...

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
true. I was at a shop in nehru place for an hour searching for some cd and 3 users bought xp in that time. noone even asked for vista. ;-) Hope I don't get kicked out of the forum.

goobimama

 Macboy
Vista is not more difficult than XP to install & use
But while doing that it uses up a ton of resources and half your hardware doesn't work while doing the same tasks XP does.

axxo

99.9% Idle
goobimama said:
But while doing that it uses up a ton of resources and half your hardware doesn't work while doing the same tasks XP does.

:D equate
pirate = install&use

bibjee

A d m i n s t r a t o r
The only reason the piracy rate is low is that vista is a total blunder. i had a look at a thread somewhere in this forum about vista's experience rating or something like that and people with decent hardware were getting low numbers. it costs general people money to buy new hardware and just to install vista i would definitely not want to upgrade my few year old computer.
i have 256MB ram, 2.2GHZ and XP works (5GB) fine in it and ubuntu 7.04 (32GB) also runs great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom