Microsoft Outlook Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

girishrn

Broken In
I want to know how to take of the Backup of Email settings and Address Book in Microsoft Outlook. or is there any option for Export.

moshel

Padawan
wrong section!

still i will reply

go to File-> import and export

then select the option called which has (.pst) at the end...press next, select what all folders/subfolders u want to export-> press next and rest as they say is history.... :)

just a matter of confirmation this is for Microsoft Outlook and not Outlook express.

OP
G

girishrn

Broken In
i have done this but I didn't get the address book and remaining all I got. Address book is most important.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
you can simply copy all the .pst files from outlook's folder and restore them after creating your profile after you reinstall. just click file>open and select your file.

BTW, why did you think this was a problem with your hardware?

moshel

Padawan
i have done this but I didn't get the address book and remaining all I got. Address book is most important.

see for that what u need to do is..

after selecting export, where u get the option to select what to export, click on the top most item which wud be something called "personal folder", select that. then select the tick mark called "include subfolders" and press next..

this will export not only ur mails but also address book, journal, task list, calender entries and notes and everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom