Microsoft gives up trying and starts blatantly copying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
andy said:
WMV9 DRMed codecs can be used in Linux? Whom are you fooling?
Also, can you link me to these Windows Media codecs which play in Linux? I'll install them on Slack right away.
[B said:
Aberforth[/b]]Well packman repositories have codecs for a few popular distros which enable Linux to play win32 codecs.

The link - *mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/packman/

Don't know about Slackware though.
Quote: win32codecs are long available for Linux,though the legal stand is not clear.
*www.usinglinux.org/multimedia/win32-codecs.html
Pwned #1

andy said:
You asked me for a single contribution. I gave it to you. Whether you want to laugh at me, or you want to cry, is entirely upto you.
pwned #2. You call that contribution :D Sorry, couldn't help myself...from laughing

andy said:
I'll ignore your little pick on Apple here. Yes, Apple based its browser on Konqueror. They never helped Konqueror. But, they helped the development of Webkit on S60. Thanks for ignoring that part of my post.
Thanx god, atleast you are yourself admiting that Apple is copying from KHTML, & not giving anything back to KDE, that is what the GPL sates.

& about Webkit.....lolz, like eddie said, they are doing this just so that the OSS develope the code, & they can use it for free. I hope you know about the costs arising in R&D

andy said:
I am a person who always tries to correct what is wrong with me. That is why, perhaps, I have reached a stage in life where I am assured of my future. This is coming from a person, who has had a very ordinary primary education.
Congretulations on this boy :)

andy said:
I'm a student, who uses a Macintosh. What's so wrong about it? What's so special about using Linux?
Nothing, the problem is in macboy attitude & whining.

andy said:
Yes, please do point out my posts, where I have posted anything other than facts. What do these 'others' have got to do with me?
That will take a lot of time, the forum is full of it, oh! just look at the top of this page yourself

& plz, do mention what do u want the posters in this thread to do. If we take names we get banned for giving "personal comments" & if we don't ....well, u say that

I had no idea, a simple post like this will hurt u so badly, i mean, it's like everything we say to apple is something macboys take upon themselves

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
eddie said:
Because in the same thread, you posted about a particular discussion ignoring the main point of the thread. If you don't want to defend that behaviour than it clearly shows were your loyalty lies and what were your underlying motives behind posting those comments. Before you ask...I am saying that you wanted to defend Apple's case in here rather than talking about original topic.

I just posted what I thought was a contribution. As I said before, it was my 'view'. I don't know how you came to use words like 'defend', 'case' etc. Why would I need to defend a company I have no relation with in the first place? Am I an employee? No. Am I a shareholder? No. Am I the chairman? No. Do I hold a special interest in the firm? No. I'm just a user, who thought I should inform some one about Webkit. If you think it's not worth it, then it is fine with me. It's what you think, not what I do.

I chose to make my position on the topic at hand clear at a point.
What I do post, though, is facts. I would you to find a post where I have lied. :)

A person's views may be biased, but not facts. Facts are what they are. My views may be biased, but the facts that I post aren't.

If you are still a 'major person debating in a thread' you would quite like to counter my claim, wouldn't you?

Its not me alone but a general feeling about your group. Time for that poll may be? Oh and I have to find reason of what?
My group? Lol. As I said before, get a grip. Please stop classifying people according to the computers they use.

As for the other sidekick, who is trying to poke his/her/its nose in between, it's a debate between two educated people, who can join two words to make a grammatically correct sentence. Don't bother, seriously.

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
mail2and said:
I just posted what I thought was a contribution. As I said before, it was my 'view'. I don't know how you came to use words like 'defend', 'case' etc. Why would I need to defend a company I have no relation with in the first place? Am I an employee? No. Am I a shareholder? No. Am I the chairman? No. Do I hold a special interest in the firm? No. I'm just a user, who thought I should inform some one about Webkit. If you think it's not worth it, then it is fine with me. It's what you think, not what I do.
Everyone, sometimes in their life, needs to defend their views and their thoughts about something that they have "supportive views" on. Your feelings regarding Apple and its OS are not behind any veil...rather they have been out in the open on occasions more than one. You don't need to be Chairman or owner of a company to be defending it or talking in favour of it. Your liking or you harboring favorable feelings for that company are reasons enough for you to defend it.
I would you to find a post where I have lied. :)
You have not lied but you have not posted anything relevant either. mklinux, as I said earlier, is not even an attempt towards contribution while webkit is nothing but an attempt to get free development done for a commercial product.
My group? Lol. As I said before, get a grip. Please stop classifying people according to the computers they use.
I don't need to "get" a grip because I am quite stable in my thoughts. As I said earlier, I do not classify people according to the computers or the OS they use but I do classify them according to the way they behave.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
eddie said:
Your liking or you harboring favorable feelings for that company are reasons enough for you to defend it.

But, I do not defend any company or product unless I post facts. Look around the forum, and you'll see people lying so blatantly that it'll make you sad. However, I must understand that people tend to say a lot of things sitting behind a monitor(Not pointing at you.)

You have not lied but you have not posted anything relevant either. mklinux, as I said earlier, is not even an attempt towards contribution while webkit is nothing but an attempt to get free development done for a commercial product.

I do understand what you mean. What I mean to say is that one company is not better than another. I see people on this forum claiming the company they support came straight from heaven. My point was always that. You can even find traces of that in this thread, too.

eddie

El mooooo
I get your point. I guess we should just end this discussion at the following points:
1) Everyone copies...be it Microsoft, Apple or Linux. Its not new and it will always happen...be it an Icon or be it a Kernel.
2) You feel Apple contribute to Open Source...I feel they don't.

Lets just say "the end" at that.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
True. :)

Even I agree that Apple does not contribute as much as they should. I had a discussion with tech_your_future about this a few days back, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom