Microsoft Encarta to be Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
Does Encarta have a built in dictionary that supports pronunciation? If it does,then is it reliable & accurate?what is the total word stock?
Also can someone suggest me some good dictionary software that supports pronunciation,has modern words & can be updated?

Sorry for being offtopic.

try wordweb pro... you'll love it. also i m sad :sad: after hearing about this news. encarta was a boon when i was in dial-up. the maths section was excellent with the step by step guide. also what about those who are in limited internet plans?

You cant blame them (Microsoft)

The number of offline Encyclopedia user base is very very small .... and restricted to few countries like India , where the cost of Internet is very high ...... so looking at it from a global perspective Microsoft's decision to stop Encarta makes good business sense ....

The main advantage of a community driven online Encyclopedia like Wikipedia is that its very up to date and got articles on almost all possible topics .....But ofcourse Wikipedia (or any other source for that matter) should not be your only source of information .

I still feel like an A$$ for buying Encarta 2008 DVD 3 years back. Back then to get broadband connection it used to take a hell lot of time to get clearence, so it made sense to me I guess but I was a hardcore n00b then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom