Microsoft Claims Vista Is Top Dog – Mac OS X, Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux – No Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
Thats because OS wars often include personal stuff and lifestyle.
Any Geek worth his brain will agree that his OS is an extention of his personality.
And everyone likes to tell that they have the best personality.
So in simple words, OS discussions naturally tend to Flame Wars.

it doesnt look like lifestyle and nothing but childish i wud say...

well i work on solaris environment & its serving job for me now..but i never develop opposite thoughts for win family and always use windows for entertainment...

it doesnt look like lifestyle and nothing but childish i wud say...

well i work on solaris environment & its serving job for me now..but i never develop opposite thoughts for win family and always use windows for entertainment...
I specifically said OS geeks. For some of us, we customise and personalize the OS so much, that it becomes a part of ourselves. Here, superiority complexes are bound to occur, we are only humans.

mediator

Technomancer
Well, I have read the whole little battle and "somehow" don't agree with @shantanu's decision.

People are free to post whateva they feel like, its upto mods to take care. Sometime back, there was this guy who endlessly abused @raabo by creatin different abusive ID's. People reported it, with logical reasons! Same should have been practiced here!

I don't support banning. But people shud take care that their speeches don't hurt others ( FIGHT CLUB being an exception ).

The action was too harsh, I guess. 2-3 years ago mods used to warn the member and then, may be, ban for a week. But this time it seems a few mods are trying to scare the members away ...... ruining the forum??

If being polite in other sections/being on topic are considered as rulezzz, then I guess why isn't Raaabo been banned yet, or his posts deleted/"thread cleaned", for deviating a UFO thread to a reputation thread?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=381553&postcount=194
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=381920&postcount=196
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=382035&postcount=198

hypocrisy?

My intent here is not to show how admins can themselves turn into law breakers, as u can see in here admins used to play with repos a lot while warning others not to pass on free repos, becoz of which the whole repo system was demolished an year ago.

I hope the concerned mods understand and be lenient in their actions! Well some of em make me remember a case in which a US teacher severely beat up a nursery child for not doing his homework! :)

WTH! :oops:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@mediator: fyi case in point gx banning the reason mehul was offened by an image gx posted all that image had was cat and text "drm; linux; oss" written on it and that resulted in gx's banning because it was felt that gx's post was provocative now cyrus here used language which was provocative and it was brought to the notice of the notice and the the same yard stick was used .... when i was banned i got no warning before that was banned and was said:
raaabo said:
you looking to start arguements in forums other than fight club
now what cyrus was doing with his posts was no different his posts made use of words like ur an idiot why are posting inspite of the fac that soumya posted the entire article and the source which i might add is a legit source - softpedia .... now is posting a piece of news against the rules of the forums- he psoted the whole article with the source if some 1s got a problem take it up with the author/mods/admins of the forum calling posters idiots and tehn leaving a ps saying i didnt mean it to any1 in person :?

and the rep system welll we all know it resulted in more misuse than use

y isnt raaabo banned yet ... in the words of danny crane - name on the door

shantanu

Technomancer
i guess cyrus is only banned for a week .. who said permanent ??
help~is~here is banned permanently.. rest 7 days.. and for him also i have forwarded the request to the admins , they will decide, i stopped the flames thats all.. :)

and medaitor you haven't read anything , i deleted over 50 posts.. i dont know from where HIH came in this thread, the thing was going on with cryus, and others.. this was the first post HIH posted.

Last edited:
help~is~here is banned permanently.. rest 7 days.. and for him also i have forwarded the request to the admins , they will decide, i stopped the flames thats all.. :)
Well, Bans are fine, but we still need to address the root cause of the problem.
How can you stop guys from starting flame wars ?
Threads comparing OSes are bound to lead to Flame Wars.
I am surprised that this forum lacks Graphic Card and Processor Flame Wars.
Though the above is no reason to feel unhappy.(its a good thing).
You just need to deal with flame wars and learn to ignore them, thats all.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
flamewars are ok till everyone sticks to the topic.. when it gets personal .. action must be taken. one cannot go on and use abusive language at another member.

mediator

Technomancer
@mediator: fyi case in point gx banning the reason mehul was offened by an image gx posted all that image had was cat and text "drm; linux; oss" written on it and that resulted in gx's banning because it was felt that gx's post was provocative now cyrus here used language which was provocative and it was brought to the notice of the notice and the the same yard stick was used .... when i was banned i got no warning before that was banned and was said:
The only thing that looked provocative to me in that was "fat cat"....a personal comment for no reason! But again I don't support his banning. He shud have been warned like in earlier days of this forum!

now what cyrus was doing with his posts was no different his posts made use of words like ur an idiot why are posting inspite of the fac that soumya posted the entire article and the source which i might add is a legit source - softpedia .... now is posting a piece of news against the rules of the forums- he psoted the whole article with the source if some 1s got a problem take it up with the author/mods/admins of the forum calling posters idiots and tehn leaving a ps saying i didnt mean it to any1 in person
Thats what I said, people shud not be offensive like that and one has the full freedon to post wateva it be. Its upto mods to take actions and members to report with logical backups! I don't support his act and I dont support the action taken on him!

Ah thats nice to know! :D

and medaitor you haven't read anything , i deleted over 50 posts.. i dont know from where HIH came in this thread, the thing was going on with cryus, and others.. this was the first post HIH posted.
Well, thats partly true! I haven't read @HIH's comments and I wasn't talking about him (I dunno abt his grudge againt u. May be he shud have approched the admins). But I did read @cyrus's posts and I was talking about what I read!

All I'm talkin about is some leniency. @Shantanu....AFAIR u used to nuke the people in FIGHt CLUB too earlier! That changed didn't it after @Raaabo said "something" to u? FIGHt CLUB is meant to handle the weight of sensitive and provocative posts! Don't mind, but I feel u should ask mehul, @GNURAG etc how it used to be earlier! It was quite enjoyable too. ;)

Neways, this is not a debate zone. I just posted what I felt. people are mature enough to understand what is korrect! If one still feels debating over it, then move it to FIGHT CLUB! :twisted: :D

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
I see you guys managed to turn this thread into a lot of mess, I don't see anymore tech discussion possible in this thread, or any contribution to the forum. So I will just allow all of you to shut up now.

As far as the BAN on certain members is concerned, the members are banned only temporarily to make them behave in a more responsible manner, this is a big forum with many members, and it is not possible to go through, read and moderate each and every single thread/post on the forums. We need members to behave more responsibly. The mods/admins here try their best to keep the forum clean and well ordered, and in the course of that, some members might find some decisions unfair/wrong, but it it what must be done for the good of the community and no explanation regarding the same is mandatory on the moderators/administrators behalf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom