Microsoft announces Outlook.com as Hotmail's successor

akkib89

Broken In
Good step from microsoft. Hope I can transfer all the old mails from hotmail to outlook. Any ideas on the same?

reniarahim1

Youngling
my hotmail got automatically migrated to outlook with out my consent.

any way, registered for @outlook.com. will forward gmail to outlook and test it for some time.

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
reniarahim1 - There might be a temporary outage on that page at this moment. Try later.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I logged in using my Live account, which I registered using my Gmail account. Is there anyway I can change it to @outlook without losing mails?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Correction :
I logged in using my Live account, which I registered using my Gmail address. Is there anyway I can change it to @outlook without losing mails?

What I mean it that it shows xxxxxxx@gmail.com as the address in Outlook.com. So, I need to change it to xxxxxxx@outlook.com.

akkib89

Broken In
I logged in using my Live account, which I registered using my Gmail account. Is there anyway I can change it to @outlook without losing mails?

I knew that yahoo supported this, but even msn supports the same. I missed that one. In this case you have to have a *******.hotmail.com like address. Gmail won't do. But it doen't matter because only the interface is changing, so you can use hotmail as usual.

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
Not sure. Try these steps and let us know :

1. Visit www.outlook.com
2. Log in with your xxxxx@gmail.com account.
3. You will receive an email from Outlook Team.
4. Open the Email and click on connect now. (Third from top)
5. Read Instructions and let us know if you can migrate to xxxxx@outlook.com

akkib89

Broken In
Desmond actually means that he'll use outlook to access hotmail to access gmail...lol....just kidding. Just wanted to know that can I use gmail id to login into hotmail? What will be the benefit?

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
No. Earlier it was possible to convert your Gmail Ids to use it with Windows Live messenger.

Read this : -
How to use a Gmail™ account as a Windows Live ID

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
changed to @outlook.com from @live.in

hated the country specific .in domains + outlook.com seems fancy and interface is like 10 time better..... but no opera compatibility :pullhair:

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
I renamed mine. Now looks fancy.

Also got an SMS from Microsoft on my mobile phone (as I have associated my cellphone number to the account) stating that my account has been renamed. :)

Few things I came across after renaming your email address with @outlook.com ---

• Email sent to your old address will still go to your account.
• Remember to always sign in with your new address; you won't be able to sign in with your old one.
• If you'd like to stop receiving mail sent to your old address, just delete that address in account services. Once you go to account services, you get an option to remove and get rid of your @Hotmail.com email address.

Top Bottom