Micromax Funbook

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Done! :)

Phew! It was my first time tweaking with android! Feels good! Will now come to the changes i am experiencing :

Pros :

1. The Micromax branding is out of the way from the boot screen to mlabs!
2. Internal space available is 2.16GB out of the 2.17GB!! WOW!! ;)
3. The device is now recognized in the Play Store as an SG SII or if you want, the ALLWINNER MOD lets you change it.
4. The device is snappier and smooth, with lots of essential apps pre-installed as well!
5. A few more Gapps installed like People, Currents etc.

Benchmarking scores :

AnTuTu : 2983 (tenida got 2947 in his review)
Neocore : 57.3 FPS (same as tenida)
Quadrant : 1776 (1679 was the score in iGyaan review)

Temporarily have reverted back to the original firmware, since the unlocked dongle was not working because, everytime i tapped on Mobile Network, got an error saying, Mobile Network has stopped working!

Will see and wait for the fix!

PS : For those interested to flash, check this

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Done! :)

Phew! It was my first time tweaking with android! Feels good! Will now come to the changes i am experiencing :

Pros :

1. The Micromax branding is out of the way from the boot screen to mlabs!
2. Internal space available is 2.16GB out of the 2.17GB!! WOW!! ;)
3. The device is now recognized in the Play Store as an SG SII or if you want, the ALLWINNER MOD lets you change it.
4. The device is snappier and smooth, with lots of essential apps pre-installed as well!
5. A few more Gapps installed like People, Currents etc.

Benchmarking scores :

AnTuTu : 2983 (tenida got 2947 in his review)
Neocore : 57.3 FPS (same as tenida)
Quadrant : 1776 (1679 was the score in iGyaan review)

Temporarily have reverted back to the original firmware, since the unlocked dongle was not working because, everytime i tapped on Mobile Network, got an error saying, Mobile Network has stopped working!

Will see and wait for the fix!

PS : For those interested to flash, check this

Wow nice work buddy. :mrgreen:
So, lot more app. we can install in this tab. Like HD games from market itself.

And many MB of ram is free on this custom rom?? :)

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Some shots of Micromax Funbook :D

Comparison between 22 inch monitor :wink:
*i.imgur.com/cIHi9.jpg

Front view
*i.imgur.com/q1wHq.jpg

Back View
*i.imgur.com/X3t2P.jpg

Funbook as ebook reader
*i.imgur.com/ueD1l.jpg

Micromax Funbook xda forum

[Q] Micromax Fun Book Development? - Page 3 - xda-developers

SahilAr

In the zone
Dont worry about SnapDeal guyz,thery are really good!!!
If they are too good,then why can't they replace/refund my fun book,they received the "kharab" fun book on 27 april and till now they can't even send an email when they will send my refund/replacement!!
Snapdeal sucks in case of replacement/returns/refunds..:evil::evil:
But in delivery..dusre din hi product ghar pe:p:p (un-necessary race:p)

Charley

Just Do It
Is the HDMI Cable supplied with the package content ?

If they are too good,then why can't they replace/refund my fun book,they received the "kharab" fun book on 27 april and till now they can't even send an email when they will send my refund/replacement!!

What was the problem with your device ?

SahilAr

In the zone
i have mentioned the problem in my other thread...
the thread is named..some questions about fun book or like that.

Orionz

Nebula was here,15 yrs back
Snapdeal sucks in case of replacement/returns/refunds..:evil::evil:
But in delivery..dusre din hi product ghar pe:p:p (un-necessary race:p)

Thats ur "kharab" luck mate,feeling really sorry for you!!!....you should really shout out loud on them!...and one more thing,i don't think so that Snapdeal is gonna help you with the issue,once the product has been sold by them,then,all the warranty and like other things are taken care by manufacturers respective service centers.(that's what i think)

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Finally fixed stuff!!

Loving the custom rom! Dongle works, will get the new charger tomorrow! ALL IS GREAT NOW! Hail Developers! :)

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Finally fixed stuff!!

Loving the custom rom! Dongle works, will get the new charger tomorrow! ALL IS GREAT NOW! Hail Developers! :)

Wow great.
Post some screenshots of new custom and post the steps to flash the funbook.
And any improve in battery life??

SahilAr

In the zone
Thats ur "kharab" luck mate,feeling really sorry for you!!!....you should really shout out loud on them!...and one more thing,i don't think so that Snapdeal is gonna help you with the issue,once the product has been sold by them,then,all the warranty and like other things are taken care by manufacturers respective service centers.(that's what i think)

You think so my luck is that kharab:p:p
Well if you think so,then you are totally wrong!
Dropped several mails and also threatened them that i will not purchase any product and will also report your stupid behavior to costumer relations cell,so and so...and the email i received was very complimenting..sorry for the inconvenience,blahh blahh blahh..:p
But mai chup baithne wala nahi hun aaj fir se phone karunga!Let me also see na ki vo meri sunte kaise nhi hein!!

jd91

Broken In
You think so my luck is that kharab:p:p
Well if you think so,then you are totally wrong!
Dropped several mails and also threatened them that i will not purchase any product and will also report your stupid behavior to costumer relations cell,so and so...and the email i received was very complimenting..sorry for the inconvenience,blahh blahh blahh..:p
But mai chup baithne wala nahi hun aaj fir se phone karunga!Let me also see na ki vo meri sunte kaise nhi hein!!

sahil i suggest call micromax asap 18605008286
find out nearest service center for funbook from them
for your information snapdeal will not help and you will only waste your time
micromax has doa replacement policy but within one week of purchase or delivery

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Wow great.
Post some screenshots of new custom and post the steps to flash the funbook.
And any improve in battery life??

Havnt used much since then, will post about the battery improvements, if any.

Here is the tutorial : IVIEW 760TPC Advanced Improvements - Flashing Firmware, Custom Scripts & more - YouTube

Downloads available here : Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

For the screenshots, tell me if there's any app, coz i dont have a point and shoot cam.

Top Bottom