Micromax Funbook

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Re: Micromax launches their first ICS 4 tablet

Although only 1 problem, the display, I am reading that D10's display isn't that great. 120ppi.
see link - Veedee D10 tablet with android 4.0 unboxing and review
look for timestamp - April 16, 2012 at 8:02 am in comments section.

Display is another big factor for any tab. How does funbook/ xtab a10/ veedee d10 compare on display -resolution looks same. but ppi ?

Display is not a problem. Actually, at 6.5K only we don't expect display quality to be like ipad or Galaxy Tab.
And they have pick and drop warranty policy, which is quite good.

but Veedee doesnt have any service in india right ? comeon, micromax service is crap but atleast they have service centers to go to..
What?? They've pick and drop warranty facility.

Veedee D10 review

varunparakh

Gamer in me

Just Ordered Funbook through eBay, used 10% discount got it for Rs 5841 :)
Also bought a 16GB sandisk micro SD card for Rs 541 :)
Funbook + 16GB SD card = Rs 6382 :), Not bad I guess:p

Is the coupon a 1time use or a generic one ? Can i have it ?

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Recently my friend bought Veedee D10. So, I compare them, here the pics.

*i.imgur.com/jDJxl.jpg
Micromax Funbook

*i.imgur.com/QHLgC.jpg
Veedee D10

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent

check this thread for all tablet, i am working on it ..

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/article-drafts/155117-ultimate-tablet-buying-guide.html#post1625913

Veedee is a indian company based in Mumbai...

hey mod can you please move this thread to to mobile phone/tablet discussion area...

and change the tile to Micromax funbook Discussion thread

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Anyone knows how to connect this tab to pc. I connected with USB cord, but cannot access as mass storage.

varunparakh

Gamer in me

The coupon code is MND3Q3JKV6, but I think it can be used by certain users only. anyways check it out and let me know.

The gift voucher MND3Q3JKV6 has been issued to another user. :(
What should i do to get a 10% coupon ? ? :O :(

I am not able to find a good seller, that will not rip me off for the in box accessories for HTC Explorer

dan4u

Took Off!!!

The gift voucher MND3Q3JKV6 has been issued to another user. :(
What should i do to get a 10% coupon ? ? :O :(

I am not able to find a good seller, that will not rip me off for the in box accessories for HTC Explorer

i tried using it, but it says I can't use it for the item I'm purchasing.
Since, I already used the Coupon for the funbook, I don't think i can use it again. use the 5% discount, or wait a few days eBay will usually send you coupons if you bought something from them lately. you bought funbook from eBay right?

kool

Cyborg Agent

We need a sticky thread to compare all tabs. :)
btw, this doesn't seem to have any spec info on veedee site. RAM/battery.

Somehow I am waiting for Karbonn Mobiles Smart tab now. which seemingly has better battery as well as 2.0mp front Camera(think Skype).

even i m also interested in karbonn. Do u know any update that when it will come in market? At what price?

varunparakh

Gamer in me

i tried using it, but it says I can't use it for the item I'm purchasing.
Since, I already used the Coupon for the funbook, I don't think i can use it again. use the 5% discount, or wait a few days eBay will usually send you coupons if you bought something from them lately. you bought funbook from eBay right?

Exactly, i did! It'll be dispatched on Wednesday! :)

dan4u

Took Off!!!

Guys two more reviews on Micromax Funbook,Review: Micromax Funbook | Video & Photo Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India
and Is a budget tablet like Micromax Funbook really value-for-money? - The Economic Times, from these reviews what I understood is, in the current market scenario and at this price point there is no other better tab from a reputable Company than the funbook.

Exactly, i did! It'll be dispatched on Wednesday! :)

used 5% coupons or did ebay send you coupons? either way, Congrats on the purchase:razz:

varunparakh

Gamer in me

used 5% coupons or did ebay send you coupons? either way, Congrats on the purchase:razz:

Thanks buddy! Got it for 6165.50/-. Used the 5% coupon! Waiting, for the dispatch & then a coupon from ebay ;)

Guys two more reviews on Micromax Funbook,Review: Micromax Funbook | Video & Photo Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India
and Is a budget tablet like Micromax Funbook really value-for-money? - The Economic Times, from these reviews what I understood is, in the current market scenario and at this price point there is no other better tab from a reputable Company than the funbook.

It has also been re-emphasized, that the tab isnt all that great for ebook reading, coz of its poor display.

I hope, tenida will give us a better view of things!!

It worries me, my primary usage will be reading!

dabster

In the zone

even i m also interested in karbonn. Do u know any update that when it will come in market? At what price?

seemingly this one is also going to be available for rs6499 ships after 25th april. read in someblog comments.not the official word. i can wait.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Guys I stuck on some problem with my tab.
1) I unable to connect it to computer
2) Google play is not opening, it says connection time out. :(

My review also stuck in middle because of this. :(

dabster

In the zone

Display is not a problem. Actually, at 6.5K only we don't expect display quality to be like ipad or Galaxy Tab.

Yeah, true - Just looking the best display i can get in this range.
btw, look at this interesting conversation about ppi of D10 and NXG Tab a10's display.

Veedee D10 tablet with android 4.0 unboxing and review
Search /April 16, 2012 at 7:34 am/

rajan1311

Padawan

thats just a noob discussion....they don't know to calculate the pixel density....Arpandeb mentioned it wrong in his review and so everyone is crying...

Its pretty simple, if the resolution of the tab is 800x480, calculate the pixels on the diagonal, so thats (800^2 + 480^2) ^1/2 . Now divide that by screen size, ie 7". That is your actual SCREEN pixel density..

The display of the D10 is very good, no point arguing on that...

Btw, D10s lacks HDMI and price is Rs5499 I am told...

Veedee has pretty good service, anyone who faces an issues got it fixed...they arrange for both pickup and delivery, so you dont need to worry..

pramudit

Gaming hardcore

@tenida
install android drivers first on your computer.
for google play, keep pressing retry, i keep facing that issue on my aircel gprs...

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

^^ Thanks for suggestion.
I downloaded android driver from this link. But there was no installer in that file.
2) Already tried retry many times but no help :(

enticer86

Stay Silent!

I also think so. But before doing rooting , I have to search the rom for this tab.

I played 4 video song, 6 min each and watched one movie (duration-15min). Battery goes to 91% from 88%. I hope the battery is alright.

Battery life is bad. Plus, i just noticed when connected it to PC - only 2GB of total internal memory?? WTF?? I read 4GB somewhere.
Also, am not able to use reliance netconnect on this :(

rajan1311

Padawan

I have used the D10 and funtab, so what i can tell is that both are equally quick, screen is very much similar...the build quality is better on the funbook, but the battery is better on the Veedee and it has pretty good support as well..

I think you can still get the D10 for Rs6500..with freebies :p

@tenida : I am sure your issues will get fixed..i think you are missing some small thing... :)

Top Bottom