Micromax’s new face is Hugh Jackman

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
New Delhi-based smartphone manufacturer Micromax has stepped outside Indian borders to rope in its brand ambassador.

Academy Award winner Hugh Jackman, best-known for the movies Les Miserables, X-Men and Wolverine, will be associated with the Indian consumer electronics company, a Micromax statement said on Friday.

More: Source

Wishful thinking: Only if the had used the money on R&D and customer service ...

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Yeh log itne ammeer ho gaye? :shock:
Ya Wolverine gareeb ho gaya? :shock:?

New Delhi-based smartphone manufacturer Micromax has stepped outside Indian borders to rope in its brand ambassador.

Academy Award winner Hugh Jackman, best-known for the movies Les Miserables, X-Men and Wolverine, will be associated with the Indian consumer electronics company, a Micromax statement said on Friday.

More: Source

Wishful thinking: Only if the had used the money on R&D and customer service ...
This is India.Here only cheapness matters

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think people in india will not recognize him without those claws...they should sponsor the next xmen movie :D

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I don't know why you people,forget that Micromax(crapware or trashware to many but not for all) has its presence in India for the past few years,not just a sudden out of the blue one day company.

We may(I have no inhibitions as such,though I don't own any Micromax device)reject Micromax,but tier B and C class cities/towns including the so called awakening rural India are their esteemed customers.

It's the volume of sales that is meeting and exceeding their profit turnover.

Like it or Hate/Reject the fact,we cannot ignore the huge mass of India,those of whom are Micromax (products) customer.
For them,Apple,LG,SAMSUNG,even Google Nexus is a dream for buying(or even those people are not aware of the superbrands),but Micromax at least fulfill their desires to a great extent.
This is the success of Micromax,they've truly penetrated the common mass of India.

Even the latest reviews of Micromax Canvas Tab P650 has shown ,that it is at least ,not a trashware,according to specs.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
[IMGG]*www.affiliatesdelight.com/style_emoticons/default/thud.gif[/IMGG]

Wolverine, don't make me love Micromax..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
another article: Pouty heroines and macho men: Hugh Jackman's company in the mobile brand ambassador club

"Iron Man can sell anything"...errr.. it should be Rajni can sell anything

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Why do you need a brand ambassador? Does Apple have a brand ambassador? I agree that they should have spent the money on R&D instead of getting a brand ambassador to sell their product. A better product sells itself.

Flash

Lost in speed
^ It all started with Dhoni for (Maxx or Lava - not sure), followed by Kathrina Kaif for Sony Xperia Z. Now Micromax is following their footsteps/

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Why do you need a brand ambassador? Does Apple have a brand ambassador? I agree that they should have spent the money on R&D instead of getting a brand ambassador to sell their product. A better product sells itself.
Endorsing your and @Iywyre's point,but the reality and fact is that Micromax are selling their products,and reaping profits.

Yeh log itne ammeer ho gaye? :shock:
Ya Wolverine gareeb ho gaya? :shock:?

This is India.Here only cheapness matters
Commander stuck the right cord...sacchi mein yeh log(Micromax-wale) aameer ban gaye,apne hishab-kitab se aur bazaar/market(dynamics)-se...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
We may(I have no inhibitions as such,though I don't own any Micromax device)reject Micromax,but tier B and C class cities/towns including the so called awakening rural India are their esteemed customers.
And this is exactly why this move of mmx spending money on an international brand ambassador doesn't make sense. Rural India knows about Hugh Jackman?

Does this means, mmx is now trying to target international customers? Or is this a desperate attempt to create a false impression of the company to hide other aspects like service?

Hrishi

The Sparring Bot on a killing spree!!!!!!! "But this MMX bot ain't gonna cut it."

BTW , I forgot to add a facepalm to it. Here it goes. :facepalm:

EDIT : This is going to make the Chinese more happier than Indians buying that re-branded piece of silicion dabba.
If you can't produce the phone , atleast design it for god's sake. Don't just re-brand it.
This "kuch bhi lelo jo saste me mil jaye./ Sasta he to better hain" is killing the quality of electronics good day by day.

And this is exactly why this move of mmx spending money on an international brand ambassador doesn't make sense. Rural India knows about Hugh Jackman?

Does this means, mmx is now trying to target international customers? Or is this a desperate attempt to create a false impression of the company to hide other aspects like service?
Most likely .

I don't know why you people,forget that Micromax(crapware or trashware to many but not for all) has its presence in India for the past few years,not just a sudden out of the blue one day company.

It's the volume of sales that is meeting and exceeding their profit turnover.

Like it or Hate/Reject the fact,we cannot ignore the huge mass of India,those of whom are Micromax (products) customer.
For them,Apple,LG,SAMSUNG,even Google Nexus is a dream for buying(or even those people are not aware of the superbrands),but Micromax at least fulfill their desires to a great extent.
This is the success of Micromax,they've truly penetrated the common mass of India.

Even the latest reviews of Micromax Canvas Tab P650 has shown ,that it is at least ,not a trashware,according to specs.

The effing problem comes , when these MMX users take pride in flaunting their poor quality made phones and when things go wrong they start bitc**ng about poor quality services.
Never take pride in a company's growth which is chinese in almost every other way.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
There are numerous ares in which this money should have been invested instead of Hugh Jackman. Hell not many people know the names of Hollywood Actors here at all.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Also,ALL of MMX's recent ads feature foreign people in foreign settings.They want to fool people into thinking they are an international brand

AND they are NOT taking Indian models for their Ads being an Indian company

Flash

Lost in speed
I still wonder how Hugh accepted the Micromax's offer?
Haven't he used any of the Micromax product atleast in his life?

nikku_hot123

In the zone
Also,ALL of MMX's recent ads feature foreign people in foreign settings.They want to fool people into thinking they are an international brand

AND they are NOT taking Indian models for their Ads being an Indian company

Not only Mmx, :rolleyes:even lava n KARBONNNNNNNNN(always think y there is two'N') ads are with foreign models." Desi murga videsi baang"

Top Bottom