Message Alert Tone (Nokia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanpaladka

Journeyman
Dear Friends,
Is it possible to change,edit,add or delete message alert tone in Nokia 6100. And also is it possible to copy a message alert tone from a Nokia Phone?

atool

Journeyman
u can surely change mesg alert tone..just go to profile setting and do it...delete and edit i m not sure...

chinmay

Journeyman
u can change n delete as atool said but u cant add alert tone through other nokia phone...in spite of the fact that 6100 has infrared it cant recieve or send nethin from other nokia phones except for business cards.....if u have an ir port in ur comp u can download n add new tones thru nokia pc suite....u can also download tones from service provider ut dats too expensive...reply on this thread if u hv ir port in ur pc so that i can give u furher details abt how to work with pc suite...

OP
A

alanpaladka

Journeyman
I have installed Nokia PC Suite 6.41 and Oxygen Phone Manager. But both of these doesn't show any option to edit,delete or add message alert tone and even retrieve the tone from other phone

expertno.1

Technomancer
well get the data cable for your nokia phone
conenct the phone to the computer
and done
u will get many options to choose from

OP
A

alanpaladka

Journeyman
Dear expertno.1,
I have DKU-5 cable and as earlier said nokia pc suite and oxygen phone manager. But I am not getting any options on both these softwares for message alert tone settings. Can you please specify me where r those options?? :? :?

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
there will be NO option for directly setting the tone as SMS tone ..
u'll first need to transfer the tone to the fone as a ring tone ...
then in the fone menu ...
go to folders > nd make the appropriate tone as message alert tone

cyberia.in

In the zone
-transfer tone
-go to settings and change message tone in phone setting

or

for series60, setting are in message section itself

win.roulette

Right off the assembly line
Anyone has the original Nokia's Standard tone for receiving sms? (sounds like "beeep-beeep beeep-beeep"I need it for use on non-nokia phones. Any format is fine as long as it can be played.

win roulette

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom