Memory card

subhransu123

Journeyman
I have one 2 gb micro sd memory card.it is not showing in win 7.but when we go to computer management->disk management,there it shows as a unallocated space and when i format this card it is not possible to format it .it shows that cyclic redundency error.please help me how to recover this 2 gb memory card.advaced thanks.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Check in that SD card that there is a 'lock' switch. You might have locked your sd card for which your PC can't format it. Unlock it by sliding that lock button to unlock region to format it. Hope this helps.

OP
S

subhransu123

Journeyman
No,i inserted this card through card reader.i tried to format by using hp usb disk storage formatter software but it shows the media is write protected.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ :| Yes and sd cards can be locked via a "lock switch" . See if you have accidentally locked it or not.

devx

Back on TDF :)
@ subhransu123 >> Check your SD card if it is password protected or not., if yes than remove it., try some other card reader/data card/ and use LINUX to format your card., if your card is of local company than it's totally of no use or if it's branded than replace if it's in warranty period.

OP
S

subhransu123

Journeyman
No it is out of warranty.it is not vissible in linux.it is not above displayed memory card ,it is small,it has no lock key......

clmlbx

Technomancer
yes, your card is small but are you using it with it's adaptor (picture in my above post) or you are using it directly in Card reader.

cyclic redundency error

It always refer to Bad storage Device.. Did you try formatting it from disk management.? try other Disk/ partitioning Software's.. also try "chkdsk" command in command prompt for that drive.

Last edited:
OP
S

subhransu123

Journeyman
i used it with directly card reader.i also used hp usb disk formatter but it shows the media is write protected....it is not seen in commnd prompt....

clmlbx

Technomancer
Can you format it from Disk Management. ? does it has Drive letter.. If not Try assigning drive letter to it and then do the following things I said in my earlier post

devx

Back on TDF :)
@ subransu123 >> Tell me the name of your SD card., check whether your windows PC is virus-free., use Avira's latest free version., it may possible that because of virus your PC is not accepting the card., try it on some other win 7 PC with SD card adapter., check your USB port is enable & working., try some Linux based android phone to detect & format.
If all this doesn't work wait for others to post here or buy new one.

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
Insert it into any Nokia Series 40 phone, and see if the Memory Card is shown as locked (password protected). If it is password protected, then i think a few local "unlockers (hardware solutions)" are available.

Top Bottom