Media files getting corrupted or deleted automatically

b_chax06

Broken In
Hi Guys,
I bought Nokia 5800 Xpress Music phone 2 months ago but recently i noticed that whenever i transfer any media files from my computer to my phone sometimes the media files gets corrupted or unplayable
i.e. suppose i transferred some music videos from my computer to my phone then after 2 to 3 days or maybe after a week or so gets corrupted; and same goes with the songs also, suppose i transferr some mp3 songs from my computer to my phone then later on the music files either gets corrupted or automatically deleted. I updated my phone 3 times already but still no sucesss. Can anyone tell me what could be problem and how to overcome it????

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah it happens with me too...do one thing format the memory card once and copy all songs again...Just try this..

khmadhu

change is constant!!
me too. try updating phone software to v50 , after this update i am not experiencing any problem :)

OP
B

b_chax06

Broken In
guys i already did wot u all mentioned above...bt still i hav the problem....u knw i hav to format my my phone once a week

sujoyp

Grand Master
guys i already did wot u all mentioned above...bt still i hav the problem....u knw i hav to format my my phone once a week

Ok just do everything one by one

1. Backup all ur phone data on PC
2. hard reset ur mobile using *#7370#
3. Restore ur phone data
4. format ur memory card and then copy all ur songs back
5. refresh ur music library

There is no other way out...I hope it works:smile:

You can delete the database of the media files..and then try updating the song list..To reset the database on S60v5, the required files are saved in '10281e17'

You need to delete.

!:\private\10281e17\[101ffc31]mpxv2_5.db
!:\private\10281e17\[101ffc31]mpxv2_5.db-journal
!:\private\10281e17\[101ffc31]pcv6_1.db
!:\private\10281e17\[101ffc31]pcv6_1.db-journal
!:\private\10281e17\[101ffc31]thumbnail_v2.db
!:\private\10281e17\[101ffc31]thumbnail_v2.db-journal

If this doesn't solve your problem..then I would suggest to visit the nearest nokia care..as you already updated the phone to v50 and formatted the phone memory.

PS; I forget to mention..you need to select mass memory while connecting the phone through data cable..and u will find the folder in the memory card. If your phone is already hacked..you can see these files/folders through file explorer or xplorer on your phone.

Let me know if it works.

Last edited:
thanx neerajvohra but can you tell me which application to use for hacking my phone???

you dont need to hack your phone..you can remove these files by using memory card..or connect ur phone with mass memory.

If you want to hack your phone..try searching "v50+pnht" @google..you will get all the details.

thanz itz workn...bt wot about the videos???

Good to know its working.

can you tell me more about the videos u have in your phone..I mean screen resolution/bitrates..It happened with one of my friend..that large scale movies are gettin corrupts..please check the actual resolution..How do u transfer it to your phone ?? using mass storage ?? or nokia video transfer ?

sorry if asking too much...but usually I never saw video files getting corrupt in 5800xm..10-15 friends I know are using 5800xm...only 1 had this problem earlier.

OP
B

b_chax06

Broken In
well i keep music videos only...resolution is 320x240 and bitrate is 2457kbps..and i trnsfer them uisng video transfer mode

well i keep music videos only...resolution is 320x240 and bitrate is 2457kbps..and i trnsfer them uisng video transfer mode

he he..lower the bit-rates to 900-1500kbps..and the video files wont be corrupt..the best screen-size is 640*360 and bit-rates are 1500kbps. Try it.

Top Bottom