Mechanical keyboard suggestions

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a mechanical keyboard in the next week or so. I have used the TVS keyboard in the past (who hasn't, lol). Are the expensive ones really worth the premium over our old desi favorite? Am gonna primarily use it for coding and don't need any fancy macro keys and whatnot. However, backlighting would be good to have. Budget is upto 8k. I've shortlisted the following:

Cooler Master Quick Fire Ultimate Red Cherry USB 2.0 Keyboard - Cooler Master : Flipkart.com

SteelSeries 6Gv2 Gaming Keyboard - Steelseries : Flipkart.com

Suggestions?

. Are the expensive ones really worth the premium over our old desi favorite?
Funny no one focused on the most important aspect ..
Well ill answer you.

Now im gonna judge you like i judge all the other strangers on TDF
1) The fact that you came to a web forum for advice, proves you are not some noob4ever, which is a good sign
2) TDF people , rich or poor, are never crazy about oomph factor. They are not crazy pea-cockers who want flaunt their stuff, disregarding value and functionality.(trust me, very few iFans on TDF)
3) You said you are into coding.. a programmer.. so why would you want anything flashy.
4) You dont seem to be the kind of person who gets seduced by gimmicks like 1000Mhz polling rate, 10 key switch rollovers and other shenanigans (they work but their utility is over exaggerated)

Save your money...donate it to charity or something if you are so desperate to part with it. Keep your TVS Gold, if you already have, if not, buy it, heck buy 2 or 3 and give it to your friends...

You will only enjoy the backlighting, everything else is useless for you. HEALTH TIP: Never use computers in a dark environment, very very bad for your eyes, and since you are a coder, you reaaaly need to take care of your eyes.

OP
B

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Funny no one focused on the most important aspect ..
Well ill answer you.

Now im gonna judge you like i judge all the other strangers on TDF
1) The fact that you came to a web forum for advice, proves you are not some noob4ever, which is a good sign
2) TDF people , rich or poor, are never crazy about oomph factor. They are not crazy pea-cockers who want flaunt their stuff, disregarding value and functionality.(trust me, very few iFans on TDF)
3) You said you are into coding.. a programmer.. so why would you want anything flashy.
4) You dont seem to be the kind of person who gets seduced by gimmicks like 1000Mhz polling rate, 10 key switch rollovers and other shenanigans (they work but their utility is over exaggerated)

Save your money...donate it to charity or something if you are so desperate to part with it. Keep your TVS Gold, if you already have, if not, buy it, heck buy 2 or 3 and give it to your friends...

You will only enjoy the backlighting, everything else is useless for you. HEALTH TIP: Never use computers in a dark environment, very very bad for your eyes, and since you are a coder, you reaaaly need to take care of your eyes.

Thanks for the advice but see my post above yours. :) The reason I didn't go with the TVS keyboard was that I'm not a huge fan of the click-clack sound of blue switches and it's build quality isn't the greatest(can't ask much more for the price though). The cheapest full-size one with red or brown switches was the CM Storm Ultimate which I eventually bought. Pretty happy with it so far- the keys are extremely light and sensitive(and quiet!), backlighting is very handy and build quality is fantastic. Input devices are your primary means of communication with your computer, so it's best not to skimp on them imo. :)

Thanks for the advice but see my post above yours. :) The reason I didn't go with the TVS keyboard was that I'm not a huge fan of the click-clack sound of blue switches and it's build quality isn't the greatest(can't ask much more for the price though). The cheapest full-size one with red or brown switches was the CM Storm Ultimate which I eventually bought. Pretty happy with it so far- the keys are extremely light and sensitive(and quiet!), backlighting is very handy and build quality is fantastic. Input devices are your primary means of communication with your computer, so it's best not to skimp on them imo. :)

How much did you got it for and from where?

Top Bottom