MB+Proc+Ram+cabinet+PSU for 15K-Please suggest

AmdAti

Broken In
Hi All ,
Please suggest a good config for 15K(Motherboard+Proc+Ram+Cabinet+PSU) which is future proof so that i need not change my config for next 4 years.

For me PC means Games,Watching HD and listening music :)

From all posts i can see Intel solution is at least 5K more than Amd.Is it really worth ?

I am from Bangalore.and planning to buy this weekend.

Cheers
Mathew

Cilus

laborare est orare
Not possible to suggest a config within 15K which will go on up to 4 Years.

d3p

PowerHouse
Fill this up dude.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

OP
A

AmdAti

Broken In
Okay i will re frame my request.gimme the best gaming rig for 15 K (MB+Proc+Ram+PSU+cabinet)..following are answers for regular template.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Games.Watching HD

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:
Yes Very much
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:15 K for Proc+MB+PSU+Cabinet.
Rest of them i already have

4. Planning to overclock?
A:No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:
Win 7 professional
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:
NA ,i already have a500GB seagate
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:I have a dell 22 LED. planning to run in max resolution ie 1920 X 1080

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:Assembler,but i wud like to try out if its easy :)

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:Bangalore, probably from SP road.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:Yes,very much.I dont wish to change my config for next 3-4 years

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:Yep. Hard Disk,Keyboard,Monitor,UPS

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:I live in bangalore.Yep,if i get a tempting offer.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I am planning to buy a graphics card from US costing max 200 dollars.U can suggest that too.

d3p

PowerHouse
Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Phenom II x4 840|4800
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H (rev. 3.1)|5400
RAM |G.Skill F3-10666CL9S-2GBNQ|1100
PSU |Corsair VX450|3200
Case |CM Elite 310| 1500
| Total |16000

I don't think FSP Saga is available in bangalore, so get a VX450w worth a shot for your future upgrades like 200$ GPU.

Regarding GPU refer the below
Component | Make | Price Graphic Card |Sapphire HD6850|9200

I will suggest you not to buy a GPU from US until unless, if you or any of your friends or relatives are frequent flyers to US. Getting service of those GPU's purchased outside india, doesn't have any sort of valid warranty inside our country.

So intead of buying it outside & suffering from RMA delay & service, i have suggested you to buy a equally powerful card which can handle 1080p & satisfy your need.

If still planning to buy then get any one of these. Both comes under 200$ from Newegg.

1. Asus ENGTX560 DC-II Factory Overclocked 1GB 256bit GDDR5

2. Gigabyte GV-R6870 1GB 256bit GDDR5

Refer this link for more info. Sub 200$ GPU's @ Newegg

Happy Computing !...

Last edited:
OP
A

AmdAti

Broken In
hi All thanks for your suggestion.I have bought below config from 'IT Gain' shop in Sp Road.Below prices are inclusive of vat.

Intel 2400+D67BL-------------------------------14600(9000+5600)
Corsair Value Ram (2 * 2GB )---------------------1730
CoolerMaster CM 310-----------------------------1750
MicroTek 800VA UPS----------------------------2600(Numeric not available)
LogiTech KeyBoard/Mouse combo Wireles(MK200)--1100

Planning to use my existing CoolerMaster 500W PSU.Its giving 24 A at 12 V rail?Can it work on normal Graphics Card ?

BTW since i am on tight budget i have changed my budget for graphic card 150$.Any suggestion for that range ?

I just reviewed GTX 460 1GB which i can get it for 154$.is it a good buy?Any other alternatives for 150$?

Cilus

laborare est orare
From where you're planning to buy your card..in India or aboard? The Indian price is little higher side compared to US price. GTX 460 1 GB is available around 10.3 to 10.8K here. And at this price range AMD HD 6850 1 GB @ 9.5K is a better option than GTX 460.

OP
A

AmdAti

Broken In
Hi i am planning to buy from US only.Online..Via Amazon or NewEgg.i beleive i can get it atleast 4k difference in that.My friend will buy and bring it ovr india

So HD6850 is better than GTX 460 ? but is there any advantage of Nvdia PhysicX?

Also from where i can get it HD 6850 for 9.5 k net price? Is it palit/saphire or something else ?

Top Bottom