MAXTHON SKIN: Make Your Maxthon Look-a-Like IE7 With VistaVG Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hi guys

I'm glad to announce my new skin "VistaVG" for Maxthon 2.x browser. I have tried to make Maxthon look-a-like IE7. All toolbar buttons, titlebar color, titlebar buttons, progressbar, etc are Vista like. :)

Just open the Download link, download the ZIP file, extract its contents and then double-click on "VistaVG.m2s" file and Maxthon will automatically install and apply it.

For the best experience, disable unwanted toolbar and buttons, disable Windows Frame and make your maxthon look-a-like in the screenshot.

*skins7.wincustomize.com/VishalGuptaMVP//t10.jpg

To make the task easier I have included 2 extra files "Config.ini" and "ui.xml" in this pack. Just copy them to following folder:

%programfiles%\Maxthon2\SharedAccount\Config

This folder will already contain the same files, so replace them with these new files. Now open Maxthon and your toolbars, buttons, etc will be automatically set like IE7.

I hope you'll like it. Please don't release or share modified versions of this skin without asking my permissions. ;)

Download Link:
VistaVG Skin for Maxthon Browser

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
real nice work vishal !

but here are my observations, which u may consider.

heres how my maxthon2 looks.
top :
*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/maxtop.jpg

bottom :statusbar
*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/maxbot.jpg

now i'd have preferd the same awesome black/grey effect uv given to the status bar, to the top part too. presently the tops jet black.

just try it and c if it works out ok.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ thnx. Yeah I liked the suggestion but actually in IE7 when we maximize the window, it also becomes black. Thats why I set it in such way. ;)

I wanted to make it look-a-like IE7. I noticed that you hvnt set "No Window Frame" option and other toolbars. So pls copy the other 2 files which I hv attached in the pack to the location mentioned in Readme file. It'll make Maxthon very much similar to IE7 and u'll like it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom