Max temp for r7 260x?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i still think your gpu temps are on the high side max should be 70 under gaming load

Clock Rate And Temperature - AMD Radeon R9 280X, R9 270X, And R7 260X: Old GPUs, New Names . 260x is not a cool gpu.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you've already used it.Can you tell me if that made a diferrence with your temps?

not much of expected except the noise ;)

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
I did see that tom's hardware review before i bought the card,but thought custom coolers would be far better.And one more thing,just tried gaming with my case side open,temps never went past 70 even with ac4.I guess adding fans should help,right?

- - - Updated - - -

And after i posted 80 as the highest here.the temps never went past 77 with the case closed,because i changed the fan setting from side exhaust to intake,and rear to exhaust.First it was set vice versa. And how much differrence in temp can i expect with bf4,crysis 3 or far cry 3?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for so many questions in a single post guys.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The first thing you need to do is get rid of the cabinet, get a new cabinet like NZXT gamma, load it up with all the fans possible. Next keep a close eye on cpu temp and gpu temp [ use HWinfo for monitoring temps at background ]. If the gpu still overheats !! [ 80c is perfectly safe ] set the fan speed to 100% before launching a game from CCC [ no need to use trixx or set it to run the fans at full speed if temp goes above 65c ].

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
I will change the cabinet in a month or 2,but till then would changing fans in this cabinet help?And temps are not reaching 80 even now,stays below 78.And Cpu temp does'nt go above 60.Do i have a problem now?With the custom fan profile(1%=1 degree) now it is not going above 78 degrees.Should i still set it to run at 100%?Tell me if playing bf4 or crysis3 will increase the temp?If so,how far would it go?And i need not worry about changing the gpu right?guess its fine now,after hearing what you guys have told me.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I will change the cabinet in a month or 2,but till then would changing fans in this cabinet help?And temps are not reaching 80 even now,stays below 78.And Cpu temp does'nt go above 60.Do i have a problem now?With the custom fan profile(1%=1 degree) now it is not going above 78 degrees.Should i still set it to run at 100%?Tell me if playing bf4 or crysis3 will increase the temp?If so,how far would it go?And i need not worry about changing the gpu right?guess its fine now,after hearing what you guys have told me.

then why buy 80mm fans now? get a good cabinet with 120mm fan support and try to buy cooler master xtra flow fans for maximum air flow.

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
Buy Online Cooler Master 80mm Case Fan - 6 Pcs In 1 Box (SAF-S83-E1) in india to get this,good deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it not necessary to add fans now?...because i am worried about playing bf4 or crysis3 because of this cabin.And can you just confirm that i don't have a problem with my gpu cooling in itself?

- - - Updated - - -

It seems like gamma is discontinued,can you tell me like from where i can get it in checnnai.Or will i get something from digit members in second's

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy Online Cooler Master 80mm Case Fan - 6 Pcs In 1 Box (SAF-S83-E1) in india to get this,good deal?[?quote]

You are hardly saving 100 - 150 bucks with that fan pack. Better get a good cabinet and 120mm fans.

Is it not necessary to add fans now?...because i am worried about playing bf4 or crysis3 because of this cabin.And can you just confirm that i don't have a problem with my gpu cooling in itself?

It's always better to maintain good airflow to keep temps as low as possible inside pc cabinet. If you are worried about overheating of gpu by playing BF4 and Crysis 3 - the only way to find out is to use play them for at-least 2 - 3 hours.

It seems like gamma is discontinued,can you tell me like from where i can get it in checnnai.Or will i get something from digit members in second's

If you can't find Gamma or a second hand deal better get Beta Evo / Source 210 [ elite / non elite ], Bitfenix Merc Alpha / Shinobi.

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
Found one gamma in amazon.in(primeabgb).But i will not be buying it.Will try and get it before april 1st week.Until then am safe with the temps right?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gama is officially discontinued by NZXT and you're safe with the temps. Who knows you may get a better deal on cabinet by first week of April.

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
Even i hope to get a better deal,lets wait and see.And thanks for all the help guys...I will post back after i get the cabinet..

- - - Updated - - -

And changing the cabinet will definitely make things better right?because without the side panel i am getting 10 degrees less.
And i have my cabin under the desk where there is no airflow whatsoever.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually side panel really helps to keep the temps low provided it's a good cabinet. Bump this thread once you are ready on 1st week of April .. may suggest you something better.

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
So i should definitely have better temps with gamma right?
I will somehow get gamma and get back here.And if i could not find it,would antec v1 be ok?

- - - Updated - - -

And my budget at max would be 2500 to 3000RS

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
Ok,i will try and get gamma.Have played crysis 3 for 2 hours and temp stayed at 78 an reached 79 for a fraction and came back.
And i have another question,already heard about the driver issues with r series,even mentioned in the thread i had black screen once.That happened two weeks back and the scenario was like i logged off and logged into my account and screen went black,monitor did not say no signal everything was running,so reset the pc,did not have the issue since then.By then i actually had the drivers which came with the gpu.Yesterday had some issues with nfs rivals,so uninstalled the old drivers,ran driver sweper and came into normal mode and installed 13.12 from amd website.Fixed the fps issue with rivals.Was working fine for a long time.Even played crysis 3 for some time.After that used the pc for some 15 minutes and opened ccc to see temp and was at 47,so closed it and just right clicked and refreshed,screen went black again,same as how it happened before two weeks.So restarted the pc,everything is back to normal again.

Is this a driver issue or something related with the gpu?And i don't think its an issue with power supply,as under load its perfectly fine.

Note:At the time when i had the black screen there were severe volatge fluctuations in my house,ups was like swithing between battery and ac.

And sorry for posting in the same thread should i create a new one for the driver issue

- - - Updated - - -

And hard disk indicator was constantly blinking for few seconds when i had that black screen.

- - - Updated - - -

I am running win 7 64bit without sp1,would that be an issue since amd website is stating minimum requirement as win 7 sp1.

- - - Updated - - -

I have mentioned like monitor said no dignal in my post on 10th.I don't remember it saying that.But today the monitor was still getting signal and whole screen was blank,waited for two minutes,nothing happened so restarted the pc.

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
No i did not want to try beta,wanted to stay with the stable version,will update once a stable version is released.For now does it seem to be a gpu problem?

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
Will give it a try if ti happens again.Should not be a problem with the gpu right?

- - - Updated - - -

Black screen again,this time when browsing,Tried unplugging and replugging dvi cabel from both ends,did'nt bring the display back.Opened the case to see if gpu is running,yeah fan was spinning.Waited for sometime to see if display comes back,didn't get the display back.Hard reboot at the end.Would this be a friver problem or a card issue.Should i replace the card?Downloading this driver from sapphire nowhttp://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1226&pid=2071&psn=&lid=1&leg=0#.The 13.12c released on 13.2.14.And again should i replace the card?

- - - Updated - - -

And no errors in the event viewer.

- - - Updated - - -

Will try the 14.3 beta if this driver too fails.