Max temp for r7 260x?

Aravind92

Geeeek
Bought a new Sapphire radeon R7 260x 2gbb ddr5.What should be idle and load temps on this card?\I live in chennai.
Ran a furmark burn in for 15 minutes and the Gpu reached a max of 92 degrees.Really concerened about the temperature. Its a new card.Here is my whole config:
I3-3220
gigabyte b75-d3h
Corsair value select 4gb 1600mhz
Radeon r7 260x
1 tb seagate barracuda
Corsair vs450 with 34A in 12v.
Please clarify my doubts about the load and idle temps of this card.It idles at 44 degrees and Reached 69 degrees when playing Pes for sometime.Just realized i should'nt have run furmark.But that's past,please tell me if i should consider replacing the card,just a day old.Posted in wrong section before.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
never ever run furmark. yes the idle and load temps are little high. download the program trixx from sapphire website and the change the fan settings see if that works

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
Just connected my cabin's side fan,idle temp went down to 42.Also tried custom setting with trixx,set fan speed equivalent to temp with custom setting.Now idle is between 40 and 42.Did not try gaming yet.In office now.Will try black flag as soon as i reach home.Will post the results tmrw morning.

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
Played pes again,reached a max of 65 now.Monitored with hwmonitor.Haven't got my hands to black flag yet,will post it tmrw morning.

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
I guess the one i used is hwinfo.The one from the ccleaner publisher?How much would the temp reach if i play intensive games,considering pes as a game which would not use the gpu much?

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
Thanks for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Played ac4 for 90 mins.45 mins without trixx in background,where the max temp was 82 and when alt+tabbed was hovering between 65 and 68.Played 45 mins with trixx in the background,max was 77 and when alt+tabbing hovered between 62 and 65.In trixx fan was in custom where it was set to run the fan at a speed% equivalent to temp.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys have any idea about the issues related with the r7 260x drivers.Happened to me today.Just logged off and logged into windows.Display went black,monitor said no signal,still pc was running.Had to do a hard shutdown and restart.Played ac4 again and with trixx again,reached a max of 75 degrees.

- - - Updated - - -

Played ac4 again for some with trixx,reached a max of 80 this time around,are these temps fine,can someone reply please?

- - - Updated - - -

Played ac4 again for some with trixx,reached a max of 80 this time around,are these temps fine,can someone reply please?

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
Planning to buy this,would this make things better.And thanks for the help guys.
Deepcool Wind Blade Chasis Fan - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
Thanks for the words rijinpk1.And regarding case fans,did check cm's and then found there was no 80mm with sicke flows,so thought of going with deepcool ones,the one i posted has a 120mm fan too(didn't know i had just 80mm fan holes).I have changed now to Deepcool XFAN80 Cooler - Deepcool: Flipkart.com this be a good option or do i have some other options to select from?

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
Hi saswat23,i just have a local qori cabitnet,wiring did go well,don't have wires messed up but stillt the cabin just supports 80mm fans,both front and rear and no option to add front and top.

OP
Aravind92

Aravind92

Geeeek
And iam planning buy two of those 80mm deppcools and add one to side panel and other as exhaust behind.Would that be good?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for the words rijinpk1.And regarding case fans,did check cm's and then found there was no 80mm with sicke flows,so thought of going with deepcool ones,the one i posted has a 120mm fan too(didn't know i had just 80mm fan holes).I have changed now to Deepcool XFAN80 Cooler - Deepcool: Flipkart.com this be a good option or do i have some other options to select from?

the price is rs 290? lol. i got the 120mm version of that for rs 217(2 numbers) on snapdeal several months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

And iam planning buy two of those 80mm deppcools and add one to side panel and other as exhaust behind.Would that be good?

try yourself for any improvement.

Top Bottom