math problem(a riddle,rather)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtheone

Journeyman
hi all well as the name tells u.this thread is about a riddle m friend told me.now the bugger aint telling me the answer :mad: :mad: so i am here to ask for u ppl's help.neone who knows the answer pls pls post it here.i really wanna nail my buddy u:p

ahhh before I forget,here's the riddle......"use 5 zeros(00000) to make 120

yea i know this is a horiible riddle.i thot for minutes thats actually too much for me,i usually give only a few seconds to riddles and puzzles and other such things)

help me out guys......

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
well.....using 5 zeroes to make 120 is nt possible....but if we see it this way and use the 5 instead of the zeroes...5!=120

OP
iamtheone

iamtheone

Journeyman
hey thanks a lot sam_1710...m gonna ponder him tommorow at skool.mind if i take the whole credit??pls pls pls:D :D :D

rocket357

Security freak
Let's assume A = B...

A = B
A^2 = AB
A^2 - B^2 = AB - B^2
(A+B)(A-B) = B(A-B)
(A+B)(A-B)/(A-B) = B(A-B)/(A-B)
A+B = B
B+B = B
2B = B
2 = 1

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well done amd_man and sam!! :) thats some quick thinking now!!!

rocket357 said:
(A+B)(A-B)/(A-B) = B(A-B)/(A-B)
here's the error mr.rocket: (a-b)/(a-b) = 0/0, which is not defined and hence all further steps are invalid! thus the final statement 2=1 is not true!!!

rocket357

Security freak
infra_red_dude said:
here's the error mr.rocket: (a-b)/(a-b) = 0/0, which is not defined and hence all further steps are invalid! thus the final statement 2=1 is not true!!!

Good job, infra_red_dude...

2=1 *can* hold true, depending on what reality you live in =)

If you begin with this:

#include <stdreality.h>

Then yeah, it's false.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
rocket357 said:
2=1 *can* hold true, depending on what reality you live in =)

If you begin with this:

#include <stdreality.h>

Then yeah, it's false.
hehe :D true very true... one more point to support that no matter how powerful computerz become a human brain is a human brain... nothing can beat it!

rocket357

Security freak
infra_red_dude said:
hehe :D true very true... one more point to support that no matter how powerful computerz become a human brain is a human brain... nothing can beat it!

I couldn't agree with you any more than I already do...man, that is so true.

The human brain is an amazing thing, *when it's properly shifted into gear*!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom