• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

math problem(a riddle,rather)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtheone

Journeyman
hi all well as the name tells u.this thread is about a riddle m friend told me.now the bugger aint telling me the answer :mad: :mad: so i am here to ask for u ppl's help.neone who knows the answer pls pls post it here.i really wanna nail my buddy u:p

ahhh before I forget,here's the riddle......"use 5 zeros(00000) to make 120

yea i know this is a horiible riddle.i thot for minutes thats actually too much for me,i usually give only a few seconds to riddles and puzzles and other such things)

help me out guys......

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
well.....using 5 zeroes to make 120 is nt possible....but if we see it this way and use the 5 instead of the zeroes...5!=120

OP
iamtheone

iamtheone

Journeyman
hey thanks a lot sam_1710...m gonna ponder him tommorow at skool.mind if i take the whole credit??pls pls pls:D :D :D

rocket357

Security freak
Let's assume A = B...

A = B
A^2 = AB
A^2 - B^2 = AB - B^2
(A+B)(A-B) = B(A-B)
(A+B)(A-B)/(A-B) = B(A-B)/(A-B)
A+B = B
B+B = B
2B = B
2 = 1

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well done amd_man and sam!! :) thats some quick thinking now!!!

rocket357 said:
(A+B)(A-B)/(A-B) = B(A-B)/(A-B)
here's the error mr.rocket: (a-b)/(a-b) = 0/0, which is not defined and hence all further steps are invalid! thus the final statement 2=1 is not true!!!

rocket357

Security freak
infra_red_dude said:
here's the error mr.rocket: (a-b)/(a-b) = 0/0, which is not defined and hence all further steps are invalid! thus the final statement 2=1 is not true!!!

Good job, infra_red_dude...

2=1 *can* hold true, depending on what reality you live in =)

If you begin with this:

#include <stdreality.h>

Then yeah, it's false.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
rocket357 said:
2=1 *can* hold true, depending on what reality you live in =)

If you begin with this:

#include <stdreality.h>

Then yeah, it's false.
hehe :D true very true... one more point to support that no matter how powerful computerz become a human brain is a human brain... nothing can beat it!

rocket357

Security freak
infra_red_dude said:
hehe :D true very true... one more point to support that no matter how powerful computerz become a human brain is a human brain... nothing can beat it!

I couldn't agree with you any more than I already do...man, that is so true.

The human brain is an amazing thing, *when it's properly shifted into gear*!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom