Mates, need help in selecting a BRANDED/ASSEMBLED PC or a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I am really confused as to get a branded Pc or assembled one and also the choice of a LAPTOP. Some suggested me to go for assembled and other LAPTOPS.

Need your help, as to which I should choose. Please also mention the latest config I can get. I dont require a mouse and a keyboard.

It is for personal use[home].

Would love to have monitor,graphics, bluetooth, DVD RW & CR RW,etc in it.

Hope Bangaloreans will post in their responses as to whereabouts for purchase.

It should be the LATEST and budget can go upto Rs.30,000

Post your opinions ......

Last edited:

monkey

Padawan
If u r familiar with computer components (or u know someone who has decent knowledge about PC) only then u should go for assembled PC otherwise there is big chance that u will taken for a ride by the assembler. In such scenarios Branded PC r better bet. But luking at the budget and ur need for latest, assembled PC r the only choice since branded PCs will cost u more for the latest stuff u r luking for. U have to balance between both.
As for the laptop, assuming u have budget of around 35k, I suggest u go for acer or then Zenith. But consider increasing the budget a bit more so that u can touch Dell (which r better value in lower performance range).

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
well it all depends on ur usage. u havent posted the main area of work u will put the machine too

Well, Most of the time would be spent using the Net. Also, working around with graphics applications. A little gaming too.

Whats your opinion for the latest config ?

For laptops go for a reputed brand. If you can increase your budget by five or seven you can get a decent machine.
As for the laptop, assuming u have budget of around 35k, I suggest u go for acer or then Zenith. But consider increasing the budget a bit more so that u can touch Dell (which r better value in lower performance range).

What'd be the config/specifics for that kind of a laptop?

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Gaming is not really important for me .... What I require is the latest config that I could get for that price , Rs.30,000.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
nothing comes close to assembled pcs. u can get the best stuff u want and fit it into ur pc. compaq is all scrap they have poor service.

THE PHENOM

Broken In
well i am using a compaq pc for almost 3 years(will complete three years on 29th sept) and all the problems i have got are software based.

my dealer got me an genuine win xp pro for free.

the hardware support is the best from their dealer which is near to where i live.

i have just changed my HDD amd RAM coz i wanted more memory....

but as far as i see branded pcs give better support and peace of mind...

if something goes bad in the assembled one the assembler will only blame u coz u are the one to give him instrutions....

as for laptops my uncle uses a compaq presario laptop for 6 months now and being a student of computer engg. i would advise u to not go for a assembled laptop coz laptops are harder to assemble and have a high failure rate...

the decision is upon u

SO go for branded pc and be HAPPY :)

HAVE A NICE DAY :)

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
THE PHENOM said:
i would advise u to not go for a assembled laptop coz laptops are harder to assemble and have a high failure rate...

I guess he is not atlking abt assembled laptops but assembled PC's.....so assembled laptop is out of question.....
With budget u ahev and bit of gaming...u can go in for assembled PC....
if ur work requires PC work then u as well buy laptop.......but if for hoem use ...better stick to PC..assembled oen is better.....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
as per ur budget..u sud go for assembled.
and forgot laptop if u need for home use.. with gud confrigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom