Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 Discussion

Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2
The new role playing third person shooter from Bioware. I'm starting the discussion thread for this game. So ow lets start the discussion.
I've started this game yesterday and the first ten mins made my Howl in excitement. This game is so freaking awesome.
I've changed the Title of the thread to Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 Discussion Thread so that the discussion of both the games can be done here as both the games are having entirely interdependent story lines as well as gameplay characteristics and features.

Last edited by a moderator:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Re: Mass Effect 2 Discussion Thread

^It sure is. Can't seem to find any Element Zero anywhere. Can anybody tell me? Didn't play Mass Effect though 'cause ME2 is irresistible, can't wait till ME so started playin' ME2. :p

I completed the mission where you have to save Garrus. I am really getting addicted to this game. And at the same time playing ME to get back some memory. ME2 is really improved over the last one.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

Have you ported over your saves from ME to ME2? I'm right in the middle of ME, so was wondering what exactly is the point of bringing over the saves from the earlier game?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

^You get the same level you are in ME to ME2 and whether you are a Renegade or Paragon. In other words, you continue the level you are in ME in ME2.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

@ethan bhai,

I ported the save files of ME to ME2

setting the record straight with one sentence, 'It is a must for the person who played ME'

More elaborately, There are hundreds of decisions you will make in Mass Effect. Many of them include Letting a person live or die, destroying a facility, etc.

Think it like this.. You are in a situation where you have to decide the life of a party member.. and you had made your decision. Now.. When you are playing ME2, if you don't have ported save file.. chances are that your decision in the first game is not the way developers decided.. so, you may see the person you let die in the first game appearing again. Any way, if you have a ported save file... It will access your decision and make sure that that party member will be replaced by another.. whom you let live.

That is just one example.. There are tens of situations which will be like this. As you haven't played the first game.. telling too much will be spoiling your experience.

Not only that.. If you have a ported save file.. All of your character's stats like paragon, renegade, etc.. will be forwarded.. and not to mention.. you will start as a level 5 character.

In one word.. It will be like continuing the story you build up in your own way.

I wish I had this option in Prince of Persia: The two thrones.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

^It sure is. Can't seem to find any Element Zero anywhere. Can anybody tell me? Didn't play Mass Effect though 'cause ME2 is irresistible, can't wait till ME so started playin' ME2. :p

Element Zero is very hard to find...You can find element zero in the system of Crescnet Nebula-> Lusarn Cluster-> tarith planet.

and in the system of Eagle Nebula->Amun Cluster-> Anhur Planet.

That's all I know about Element zero. I still have lot of planets to explore..

Installed all available DLCs available till now. No idea what they do asi did not read the details. And i guess i'll play the game once more with my me save after i complete the game.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

@jojo,

I think there are Two DLCs available. One is the DLC for every one.. which will add a mercenary in Omega.. giving some extra mission.

Another thing, which will include Cerberus armor and a shotgun.. will only available to the collectors edition owners.

what is yours?

^i applies some dlcs and Now BRACE YOURSELF:--

*i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr103/jojothedragon/blooddragonarmor.jpg
*i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr103/jojothedragon/collectorchitinarmor.jpg
*i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr103/jojothedragon/infernoarmor.jpg
*i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr103/jojothedragon/terminusarmor.jpg

I just applies all the DLCs and got these cool Armors and some upgrades for the normal armor. I'll post those pics soon.

@jojo,

I think there are Two DLCs available. One is the DLC for every one.. which will add a mercenary in Omega.. giving some extra mission.

Another thing, which will include Cerberus armor and a shotgun.. will only available to the collectors edition owners.

what is yours?
I installed a total of 10 dlcs, and as for my version i don't think i'm in the liberty to answer that if you know what i mean :-D

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

^ my bad. Didn't count all the DLCs available. these are all the DLCs available..

Sentry Interface
Recon Hood
Umbra Visor
Incisor Sniper Rifle
Collectors' Weapon and Armor
Inferno Armor
Zaeed - The Price of Revenge (Cerberus Network)
Cerberus Weapon and Armor (Cerberus Network)
Normandy Crash Site (Cerberus Network)
Blood Dragon Armor

Most of them belongs to the a person or a thing.

quan chi

mortal kombat

^i applies some dlcs and Now BRACE YOURSELF:--

I just applies all the DLCs and got these cool Armors and some upgrades for the normal armor. I'll post those pics soon.

are those dlcs for ME2?because indeed they are nice.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

Better re-name this thread to Mass Effect/ Mass Effect 2 discussion thread, as people who haven't played the first title, would find it good for their reference as well.

@Vamsi: Thanks for the explanation. :)

Better re-name this thread to Mass Effect/ Mass Effect 2 discussion thread, as people who haven't played the first title, would find it good for their reference as well.
I'll look into it.

are those dlcs for ME2?because indeed they are nice.
If you had seen the Terminus Armor in action then you may even think that it kicks Crysis's Nanosuit 2.0. I'm loving it.

Completed the Normandy Crash Quest DLC. This DLC lets you *spoiler* see the remains of the old crashed normany.*spoiler end*. You need to explore the crash site and collect 20 dogtags and your old N7 helmet. This DLC not required if your looking for action.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

People, I finally got ME. Installin' it right now. Can't wait to play it! Vamsi, I respect you :D. I'll forget that I played ME2. I'm currently usin' stock armor. Collector's armor is too crude. Blood Dragon is awesome! Gotta see that Terminus armor, better than Nanosuit 2!? Let me guess.

@Vamsi: Thanks for the explanation. :)
+1 I'm one of those poor blokes who are still stuck on the first game.

I'm on Feros too. Killing that big plant Thorian. The game is really fun. Doesn't feel like a boring RPG at all! I lowered down the difficulty to normal as hard was too freakin' tough.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

A few questions:
1.) What are the quick slots for in the PC version? How do I use them?
2.) How do I upgrade my armour?
3.) What's the use of omni-gel?
4.) What if I don't complete side missions? Does it harness the main storyline?

Top Bottom