mass effect 2 causes laptop to overheat and shut down

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
hi,can someone help me on this?please
lately my copy of mass effect 2(legit) causes my laptop to heat-up to very high temperatures and shut down
it all started after i downloaded the Zaeed DLC(and other cerberus network free content) my laptop used to overheat in two hours and shut down
to fix this i deleted all my dlc from my C:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\DLC folder still the problem persisted
now when i play ME2 even for 15 mins. my laptop overheats and shuts down
i even uninstalled and re-installed the game.still my problem persists
my config
core i3-380M
nvidia geforce GT 540M
3 GB DDR3
500GB HDD
additional info
this all started after i installed that frickin' DLC(which i got for with the free cerberus network card which i got with my game)
prior to installing dlc the game worked fine for 6 hours at a stretch
i play ME2 at the lowest setting possible
This dosent happen with any other game
please help me!!!

Anirban Dev

Broken In
I would say it has less to do with the DLC and more to do with dust accumulation inside. If possible, try it out in some other cpu taxing game(like MW2 or even the first mass effect). If the same thing happens, its probably because of dust. It obstructs the fans inside, causes heating, and the fail safe features of the laptop cause it to shut down before parts get fried.

Digarmoca

Right off the assembly line
try not to set everything in high quality then it should get a better temperature. Also, you can get a cooling pad to further reduce the temperature. It won't cost a lot

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Yes Commander.
Consider Investing in a good Cooling Pad.Good for your notebook if you game for long time on it.
BTW in case your lappy is still in warranty the n perhaps you should contact The manufacturer for overheating problem during operation.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
i installed the latest nvidia 296.10 driver
now my laptop overheats and shuts down for all my games within 15 mins. :sad:
(hey but the graphics have become some real eyecandy and i can play crysis on med settings with no lag)
any suggestions for cooling pads????
my laptop has its fan vent on its left side but it seems most hot in the centre
also it has a mini-vent below on its left side

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Flipkart.com: Cooler Master Notepal U2 Cooling Pad: Cooling Pad
This one is though out of stock you can try grabbing it from some other store.
A similar model was reviewed by digit way back and was rated well.

Top Bottom