mandriva 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitizen

Journeyman
hey everyone

i installed mandriva 2007 mini cd which i got from digit . now when ever i boot i dont get the option to select KDE or Gnome all i get is xorg which appears to have a blue background with a terminal and something called clock . how do i set my machine to boot into kde .

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I doubt if mini cd has KDE or GNOME in it. It should be one of the windows manager that you are getting. Just right click on it and see if you can get some information on what you are running.

OP
D

digitizen

Journeyman
i did . i get a drop down menu which has the letter x in front of every submenu . if doesn have either gnome or kde can i installthe kde supplied with the dvd . if so how can i

Last edited:

Nimtshey

Broken In
I also installed Mandriva mini CD which was with sept digit, i have sucessfully installed. but now problem is that i cannot open the mandriva as i see the user and password, when i insert my user and password, i get the command something like that (root@localhost#)
i typed the startX but it says that bad command or command not present.
please help me.
I also installed Mandriva mini CD which was with sept digit, i have sucessfully installed. but now problem is that i cannot open the mandriva as i see the user and password, when i insert my user and password, i get the command something like that (root@localhost#)
i typed the startX but it says that bad command or command not present.
please help me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom